- 01-01-2013, 01:24 PM #2
I don't recall the answer on calendars - that may require ActiveSync... But email will continue to work.
Ok - looked up a link... This article explains it well. Calendar won't work. Email will, but not push, if I'm following this correctly.
Google drops Exchange ActiveSync. What does it mean for Windows Phone? [Updated] | Windows Phone Central
- 01-01-2013, 02:46 PM #5Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!
- 01-01-2013, 05:13 PM #8
If you want to web based only, only Office 365 offers a better calendar experience than gmail. But this cost around $72 per year.
I really hope that Microsoft enhances the Calendar UI, options across Windows Phone 8, Windows 8 and Outlook.com
- 01-12-2013, 02:24 PM #9
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. My brother is looking at an 8X, and I wanted to confirm some information before he gets it.
If someone buys a WP8 device before 1/30, he will be able to sync gmail on it, and continue to have gmail exchange support past 1/30?
For gmail users buying a WP8 phone after 1/30, what are you using instead? Will forwarding to Outlook function exactly the same as gmail exchange support? Or will things that you does on your phone not sync back up to gmail?
Thanks in advance.
01-12-2013, 07:33 PM #11
- 336 Posts
Here's the statement:
Originally Posted by GOOGLE
01-30-2013, 06:40 AM #12
- 3 Posts
I'm. Really tied to what happens here with Google sync. I'm looking to buy a windows phone at the end of the week but that will be past the deadline. I'd be moving from android so syncing with gmail and Google contacts will be ideal. I read about future cal DAV and can DAV support but how far away is that? If its going to be a serious issue I'll have to get a new android phone instead, I'd prefer the lumia 920 though. Any one know anything?
01-30-2013, 12:54 PM #14
- 257 Posts
In anycase, they're working on the issue now, so I can't imagine that it will take too long. Gmail is also my junk account now and I've switched my main account to outlook.com and I like it so much better, the UI has so much less clutter. The only thing about gmail I really like better is gchat (I know quite a bit of people on it) and google calendar which still is quite a bit more customizable that windows 8 calendar is. What I'm wondering is why they don't integrate gchat into the chat app in windows 8/wp8? Unless google is stopping them somehow, they did just drop EAS and been block wp8 from all of the features of youtube, so I would bet its google, not Microsoft.
- By evilrobot in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 8Last Post: 02-02-2015, 03:36 PM
- By AZBrowncoat in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 17Last Post: 01-06-2013, 10:02 PM
- By geekmaster in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 6Last Post: 08-17-2012, 09:53 AM
- By ldj in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 08-12-2012, 07:25 PM