Verizon Sales Numbers?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about Verizon Sales of the Windows 8 Phones ? I have been to the store a few times and see windows displays with android phones on the display. They claim that they don't have enough room in the store and need the space for other phones LOL.
also I have been following Amazon and never see any of the verizon phones in the top 20 nor do I see them beeing out of stock At all.. You see the Lumia 920 always out of stock? I know that verizon does not carry the 920 but they do have the beautiful HTC 8X so why are they not selling on Verizon ?

A few days ago I asked a Verizon sales rep at the mall about the HTC 8x and he said he does not know what that is.. I told him it was a windows phone, than he said Oh yea I think I have one of thoes...
Come on REALLY... This reminds me of WIndows 7 on ATT a few years ago, the sales people just don't want to push windows ..

But I would really like to know if its selling at all on Verizon ? Does anyone know?

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea but I can say that I'm waiting for a high end Windows phone on Verizon before I sign a contract with them. They seem intent on offering just mid-range stuff, even with the upcoming Samsung Odyssey.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea but I can say that I'm waiting for a high end Windows phone on Verizon before I sign a contract with them. They seem intent on offering just mid-range stuff, even with the upcoming Samsung Odyssey.

If you check the upcoming and rumored devices forum, watch what Honestabebread and Mr. MacPhisto say. The former works as a trainer for VZW so has good intel, and the latter has a friend pretty high up in sales (sales to other companies, like Clear and the like, IIRC - not just phone sales), so he gets good intel as well. The info they've got is that VZW is pushing hard on Windows Phone, one said that they've taken away the iPhones that were incentive phones, and replaced them with Windows Phones (don't remember which one), and there's also a high end Nokia coming probably around Easter. Sounds like VZW really likes Nokia these days.... Keep an eye out.

Funky Cricket

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
No choice though, it's 8x or nothing, no ativ, no lumina. I like the 822 (expandable storage), but 32 GB ativ or 920 would be more than enough. I like the 8x, but I've liked how nokia seems to be getting some better exclusive apps.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
No choice though, it's 8x or nothing, no ativ, no lumina. I like the 822 (expandable storage), but 32 GB ativ or 920 would be more than enough. I like the 8x, but I've liked how nokia seems to be getting some better exclusive apps.

Before it was announced, I thought the same thing. I was looking forward to hopefully getting the Lumia 920 on Verizon. It didnt happen and I was ready for a new phone and didnt want to wait to see what would be getting released in 2013 if any. Truthfully other than the storage in the Samsung was not really impressed with that piece of hardware as worth waiting for it. I got the 8X on release date and have been very impressed with the phone and have not regretted the decision. The Lumia 920 does get all the attention, but the 8X is in my opinion just as good a phone. As far as storage, that really was not much of a breaking feature for me, though I would have at least liked to have had the ability to expand if I was to chose to do so. I tend to use cloud services for most data, such XBOX music and documents on Skydrive.

antsin3d

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I'll watch those two! For the 8X, it is a nice device but I really don't like its proportions (tall and narrow). I was all in for the 822 until I tried to 920 at an ATT store and realized I gave away my heart too early ;P

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Son has the 920 on AT&T, I have the Verizon 8x. In my opinion the low light camera is better on the 920, other than that my 8x is better in my opinion. Audio is far better and the 920 is a brick!
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720