Windows Phone 8 Ford Sync (My Ford Touch) Official App?

ishredthecello

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Why hasn't Microsoft made an official app that works seamlessly with Microsoft's Ford Sync and My Ford Touch?

Seems like this should be a no brainer, so where is it at.

Since Google pulled the ability to send directions and locations for Ford Sync, would be great to have an easy way to send stuff to it from our Windows Phones.

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
As a Ford owner I completely agree. I would recommend contacting Ford/MSFT and explain that you need app functionality like this. I will as well.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
just bought a ford escape, i'm amazed that microsoft doesn't have an app for wp8. microsoft could rule the world but they are too good at dropping the ball.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I have to say, its almost embarrassing that such an app is needed but the search function in the Ford nav system that is so terrible I just use my phone for navigation. If there was a Sync app for WP8 I might use the functionality to send destinations. They should really improve the UX for using the nav directly though, its woefully overdue improvements.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Well, a lot of folks think MS's Sync software is complete garbage. That might be the problem.

Not sure why MS decided to brand themselves all over the place when all they originally supplied with embedded windows and some know how. The original company that wrote MFT Ford software made a mess and from what I've read, Ford either put them out of business or went to MS for help and MS has helped Ford write their code and UI...
It is a terrible embarrassment that there is no WP8 app for MFT or sync equipped Ford's but at the same time, Ford itself is a disaster with regards to their own software...if you buy a premium vehicle and spend the extra to get the MFT sync (not regular sync), there are absolutely zero apps for MFT (nothing to do with smartphones)...however, if you get a lowly focus or whatever with just sync, there are apps...wtf?!

Gregg Le Blanc

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I believe, but don't quote me, that "Sync II" is actually built by this company... and not Microsoft at all. And thus the problem...
Search Center : sync

The only mention you'll find is in those two data sheets. But I have heard unofficial corroboration that this is true. BSquare is a big 3rd party integrator / embedded systems provider.

Anyway, I started digging in on this after being frustrated at the platform's potential (especially reading about OpenXC) and thinking that something was wrong unusual.
Sync II doesn't feel "right" and Sync 1.0 "worked" better (I only had a rental car version when I tested), but now that I have a vehicle with it, Sync II is OK for some stuff, but it feels like Windows Mobile 6.5.

I have also heard that we should not hold our breath for an app - because Microsoft and Ford are not happy together right now.
More WINNING!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos