Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By anthonyng

But the stupid app still logs off when in the back ground. Everytime I go back to skype, it's 'resuming' and it's gotta connect and see who's online. :(

At least there's finally some movement with Skype on WP8
    david90531 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyng View Post
    But the stupid app still logs off when in the back ground. Everytime I go back to skype, it's 'resuming' and it's gotta connect and see who's online. :(

At least there's finally some movement with Skype on WP8
    Agreed, it needs to move faster though. And I heard in some countries WP7/WP8 users still don't get Skype, that's outrageous

Wp8 has only been out for maybe 2 months, and we've now had 2 updates, so its definitely being worked on.
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    This is one of the several reasons I decided to return my Lumia 920. And I hoped Skype would be so much better, ah, well.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Push Notifications are working for me now.
    Red Lumia 920

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Push notification working on and off. This is despite uninstalling the previous version and reinstalling the current one. Had another Android user test on her end. She can't see me logged on many times. Working 30% of the time.

for those with push notification working (maybe sometimes) are you logged into skype as well on desktop?

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    A small advice, I still had no push notifications after upgrade to the latest version (I would be logged of skype as soon as I closed or minimised the app, from day one).
    I uninstalled skype and installed it again. Now (knock on wood) I am always logged in to skype on my Lumia 920 :)

Try that!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Nope not logged on via any desktop here mobile only..

I've Back Arrowed out of the app and I'm getting both Toast and LiveTile notifications now.
    Red Lumia 920

Why is it so difficult to integrate skype chat in the messaging hub, I try to chat in the client for 10 minutes and my 920 feels like it could boil water.

Quote Originally Posted by Letros View Post
    Why is it so difficult to integrate skype chat in the messaging hub, I try to chat in the client for 10 minutes and my 920 feels like it could boil water.
    If only in messaging hub, what would do the video chat portion?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    If only in messaging hub, what would do the video chat portion?
    Voice and Video calls could go to the Phone Hub to solve that. After all at the end of the day a video call is still a phone call, just with added video :P
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 01-03-2013 at 04:37 PM.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Skype works better on my iPhone lol

Quote Originally Posted by un hombre View Post
    I uninstalled skype and installed it again. Now (knock on wood) I am always logged in to skype on my Lumia 920 :)

Try that!
    I guess I didn't want to link all my contacts again. Now my phone won't shut up from al the messages I'm getting. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Voice and Video calls go to the Phone Hub.
    Video calls in phone hub work today with what? I'm asking cause I'm curious.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    Just tested some calls. Skype not running and Phone locked. I received the Skype Calls with no problem :)
    Red Lumia 920

Do you have to put yourself online in the messaging hub? I tried the updated Skype last night and I did not get any toast notifications. It made video calls just fine though. After thinking about it, I didn't have myself online for messenger, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,473 Global Posts
    Video calls in phone hub work today with what? I'm asking cause I'm curious.
    Sorry, I typed that out wrong. I was probably trying to mash out the response at light speed... I meant to say Voice and Video calls could go to the phone hub. I'll edit that post now.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

I just played with it a bit, and it seems that if I respond to a message in Skype, it does not come in through push to the messaging hub, if I respond in the messaging hub, I then get toast notifications via the messaging hub. Video Call came through just fine, but did not connect.

Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    I concur that Skype should integrate into the messaging hub and voice should integrate into the phone hub. It should work like Tango that you hit a button to turn on video, not start as a video call.

I hope Tango integrates into the phone hub. If it does it will honestly be better than Skype.

lol can't win... my battery life is shot now with all the notifications and chats coming in throughout the day !

Toast notifications stopped working for me today :( uninstall reinstall didn't fix it, nor did a reboot.