I never realized this with WP8 phone on how stable it is

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I know with my previous Android phones, when they would start running sluggish, I would have to reboot them to get them to run decently smooth again. I would have to reboot them once, maybe twice a week. My WP8 8x has been on for a good month now and I haven't shut it down or rebooted it once and it still is running as smooth as ever.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, pretty cool. Right?

It extends to point where You actually forget what to do if it in fact does become sluggish or unstable ;)
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Tbh this new WP8 experience reminds me of the solid performance I was used to back with the Iphones from 3-5. Very smooth and never having to worry much about nothing, I love it.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
As much as I like WP8, I don't find it as stable as you guys do. I have had to reboot it on average once a week since I purchased it. That said, most of the problems I have found are related to playing music via BT to my car stereo and the phone gets screwed-up when a text message comes in (I had the voice-over thing set up).

I disabled the voice-over BT/SMS announcing the other day after my phone got hard-locked when I tried to bring the phone up. Hopefully that will help. :)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
It's stable as ****.

I have had to reboot it a few times lately, and like CapnPauly it was around Bluetooth. A few times I will turn on Bluetooth, which connects to my Ford Sync and even though it's connected, and music appears to be playing, it's not actually coming out the radio. A quick reboot fixes it.

Bryan_J

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've tended to find that if I ever need to reboot (which I haven't really on WP8...I did a few times on WP7) that it always seemed to be hardware related and not OS related - at least not in a way that was apparent to me. My reboots were always due to a faulty battery in my last WP7 device or, well, almost anything to do with a Dell Venue Pro I purchased. (Physical keyboard? Great. Dell's build quality? Not so much.)

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yup, WP8 is very stable. But you should have seen the WP7. It was one of the most stable OS I've used ever on PC and phones. I would go months without any hiccup. With WP8 on Lumia 920, I find it almost as trouble free but not quite there yet.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
My 822 never reboots and I'll bet you all don't have to keep "closing programs." I see people wanting to always close things, but WP does an excellent job of managing the apps.

JussiRM

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is quite stable. The OS has crashed a few times, mostly when starting a game (meaning black screen and not responding to anything), but it's not a big deal.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a nokia ten years ago that never needed rebooting. Nokia has continued the quality and reliability greatly.

(There weren't any apps then, either)

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I know with my previous Android phones, when they would start running sluggish, I would have to reboot them to get them to run decently smooth again. I would have to reboot them once, maybe twice a week. My WP8 8x has been on for a good month now and I haven't shut it down or rebooted it once and it still is running as smooth as ever.

Yeah, well, you get used to it. My phone stuttered once and I thought it was toast. The o/s has spoiled us.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
It is a fantastic OS, with its reliability and rock solidness being its real strong point. This is how all smartphones should be now. Dependable, fast, fluid ect without any "maintenance"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss