Google Maps on Windows Phone Disabled?

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google is scared of new Windows 8... you can access maps.google.com using IE10

If they are doing this deliberately that's very petty. I am not a fan of Google as I once was.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
RE: Google is scared of new Windows 8... you can access maps.google.com using IE10

Desktop mode does not work on my Lumia 920 when going to maps.google.com I just get the main search page. Nokia maps is way better than google maps anyway. This does not surprise me with how screwed up this country is that the moronic juice is oozing everywhere.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google is scared of new Windows 8... you can access maps.google.com using IE10

What I really, really, really miss about Google Maps is the gazillion points I have set in My Places. And No third party app support showing those (I am not sure the API supports retrieving them). The lame part is I can fire up my Touch Pro 2 running WinMo 6.5 and the Google Maps app still works there.

-E

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

What I really, really, really miss about Google Maps is the gazillion points I have set in My Places. And No third party app support showing those (I am not sure the API supports retrieving them). The lame part is I can fire up my Touch Pro 2 running WinMo 6.5 and the Google Maps app still works there.

-E

Ya true... I'm waiting for My Maps too..............

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I guess this **** is how they celebrate their FTC victory.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

-E

that is easy, you export your places as KMZ then import them into maps.nokia.com. They sync with the Nokia Maps app on your phone.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Google is now claiming that Maps "never should have worked" in the first place, because Google "doesn't support Windows Phone and never did." Of course, a user-string-based ban on access is a specific decision by Google to block access... not a failure of functionality.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
F u c k google, I am so fed up with them using WP users as the enemy. I can't wait till Microsoft fixes the ability to rename my account so I can ditch Gmail for good.

gmlongo

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It is a bug because its not working on my iPhone either. It's not redirecting, but maps.google.com is opening in a totally ****ed up way that it's unusable. So yes, it's some backend issue.

Getting redirected based on the user agent is a completely different issue than maps.google.com not displaying properly on your iPhone.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
This is getting comical. I just want to break out the popcorn and watch the Google fans defend their beloved company as it keeps infuriating millions of users.

"Google broke search on your device for your OWN GOOD!" :grincry:

The torches and pitchforks will REALLY come out when Google overreaches and pisses off even their own fanbase.

bbqrooster

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
So one day after the Government antitrust case is over with just a slap on the wrist, Google now feels that they can continue their antitrust behavior.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

that is easy, you export your places as KMZ then import them into maps.nokia.com. They sync with the Nokia Maps app on your phone.

Sure but how do you import KMZ into maps.nokia.com? I haven't seen anything in the UI and a google search isn't turning up much.

-E

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3