01-04-2013, 07:15 PM #1
- 3 Posts
I am using the Weather channel app and I am out of wifi coverage ( i have enabled wifi always on so will be connected on wifi when i am there even on display off ) for around 3 to 4 hours every day. However, I notice huge chunks of data being used up ( one 7mb chunk and one 5 MB chunk in 1 day). I do receive emails but I think that would be in few 100kbs right. I cant think of anything else gobbling up the data. the only other app seems to be the weather app which is on the home screen with live tile update enabled. Does anyone know if weather downloads massive chunks of data for its high quality pics etc..
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 with the latest update from them ( that has the Portico WDK 10XXX)
- 01-07-2013, 02:52 PM #2
Something in the background could be using the data such as as Nokia Drive, Nokia maps etc.
Have a check on what background apps you have then turn them off.The craziest member on WPCentral!
SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
- By ericreinhardt in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 14Last Post: 04-14-2013, 03:52 PM
- By anond in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 11-30-2011, 01:20 PM
- By firedancer1189 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-22-2011, 09:55 AM
- By JP724 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 7Last Post: 06-01-2011, 12:06 AM
- By Light Speed1 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 32Last Post: 12-01-2010, 07:14 PM