Can the Me Tile replace the facebook app?

Andreas H

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I know the Contact Hub and Me Tile have Facebook integration but does the Me Tile get messages and updates from my Facebook account?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That's how I do it. I have the Facebook app installed but seldom use it. I am not sure what is meant by unreliable. I always get my messages in a timely manner. My favorite part is I have a family group with live tile pinned to my start screen. When someone in the group posts to Facebook it shows on the live tile. I can open the hub and go strength to that persons profile to read what has been posted. I don't have to weed through 200 posts from others to get to the information I want.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
That's how I do it. I have the Facebook app installed but seldom use it. I am not sure what is meant by unreliable. I always get my messages in a timely manner. My favorite part is I have a family group with live tile pinned to my start screen. When someone in the group posts to Facebook it shows on the live tile. I can open the hub and go strength to that persons profile to read what has been posted. I don't have to weed through 200 posts from others to get to the information I want.

If the other person is invisible or appearing offline no messages come through. Also, the chat doesn't stay connected all the time. It disconnects numerous times in a day. Rarely there are people who get spot on instant notifications. There is delay of around 5-6 minutes for all such notifications including ME tile, whatsapp like IM apps. I think earlier WPC had a thread or news article comparing this unreliable notifications side by side with iPhone.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If the other person is invisible or appearing offline no messages come through. Also, the chat doesn't stay connected all the time. It disconnects numerous times in a day. Rarely there are people who get spot on instant notifications. There is delay of around 5-6 minutes for all such notifications including ME tile, whatsapp like IM apps. I think earlier WPC had a thread or news article comparing this unreliable notifications side by side with iPhone.

Great thanks for the reply. I guess I just don't notice it if its happening to me. I chat all the time with family but most of us have WP devices. We also communicate more through the messaging hub which sometimes send through Facebook and other times through regular messaging. I guess the think I like most about the Facebook integration is being able to read what a person posts without having to sift through a bunch of other posts. It makes me feel more connected with that person. Like even though they are posting to the world they are still talking to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss