Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rockstarzzz

I know the Contact Hub and Me Tile have Facebook integration but does the Me Tile get messages and updates from my Facebook account?
    Messages - in sms. If you have fb chat active. Unreliable.
    All other notification apart from pokes, yes on me tile.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    . .
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    That's how I do it. I have the Facebook app installed but seldom use it. I am not sure what is meant by unreliable. I always get my messages in a timely manner. My favorite part is I have a family group with live tile pinned to my start screen. When someone in the group posts to Facebook it shows on the live tile. I can open the hub and go strength to that persons profile to read what has been posted. I don't have to weed through 200 posts from others to get to the information I want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    That's how I do it. I have the Facebook app installed but seldom use it. I am not sure what is meant by unreliable. I always get my messages in a timely manner. My favorite part is I have a family group with live tile pinned to my start screen. When someone in the group posts to Facebook it shows on the live tile. I can open the hub and go strength to that persons profile to read what has been posted. I don't have to weed through 200 posts from others to get to the information I want.
    If the other person is invisible or appearing offline no messages come through. Also, the chat doesn't stay connected all the time. It disconnects numerous times in a day. Rarely there are people who get spot on instant notifications. There is delay of around 5-6 minutes for all such notifications including ME tile, whatsapp like IM apps. I think earlier WPC had a thread or news article comparing this unreliable notifications side by side with iPhone.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Dave Blake likes this.
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    If the other person is invisible or appearing offline no messages come through. Also, the chat doesn't stay connected all the time. It disconnects numerous times in a day. Rarely there are people who get spot on instant notifications. There is delay of around 5-6 minutes for all such notifications including ME tile, whatsapp like IM apps. I think earlier WPC had a thread or news article comparing this unreliable notifications side by side with iPhone.
    Great thanks for the reply. I guess I just don't notice it if its happening to me. I chat all the time with family but most of us have WP devices. We also communicate more through the messaging hub which sometimes send through Facebook and other times through regular messaging. I guess the think I like most about the Facebook integration is being able to read what a person posts without having to sift through a bunch of other posts. It makes me feel more connected with that person. Like even though they are posting to the world they are still talking to me.