Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I dunno if this is posted in the right section.
    I had a question here: Does anybody know how to disable the sound from the dialing pad when u type in a number. It is really loud and annoying.

Does anybody know a way or an app that does this?
    Does anybody have this problem?

Also a SS if i didn't make myself clear enough.

wp_ss_20130105_0002.png

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    agreed...

Put it on the vibrate mode before dialing by tapping the ringer icon, and enable it later.

Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    On my 920, I just go to settings>ringtones & sounds>scroll down>play a sound for>and uncheck the box for "key press".
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sakahn View Post
    Put it on the vibrate mode before dialing by tapping the ringer icon, and enable it later.
    Sure, that is possible, but unnecessary. I need to be able to hear my ringer so I keep it on 25-30 since I am not always around it or its in my pocket. Obviously, when dialing, it is neither of those scenarios. It is directly in from of my face and in active use so there is no need for it to be full volume. There is visual and haptic feedback already, I don't need deafening audible feedback as well. I shouldn't have to constantly toggle my volume. Just give me an option to disable the sound altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmachado View Post
    On my 920, I just go to settings>ringtones & sounds>scroll down>play a sound for>and uncheck the box for "key press".
    This works. I see no drawback so far(for me anyway). Ty.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lsmachado View Post
    thanks...bummer is can't be decoupled from the keyboard typing, as I actually like that sound and it isn't quite so loud as the dialing. If the dialing sound feedback was the same as the typing sound, this would be a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    thanks...bummer is can't be decoupled from the keyboard typing, as I actually like that sound and it isn't quite so loud as the dialing. If the dialing sound feedback was the same as the typing sound, this would be a non-issue.
    i was wondering what other key pressed sounds there were, i thought it mean the front 3 buttons. :D
    anyway that solution works for me also saves a little battery for those who type lots of msgs. :D
    OT: there should be an app for customizing ringtones, also for msg alerts and others.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Yeah not to mention you can't completely mute your phone without lowering the following all the way. The Silent option should silence everything...