01-06-2013, 09:16 AM #1
- 10 Posts
I'm new to Windows phone and can't seem to figure out how to set a home page for internet explorer. Am I missing something? It would be nice to have it open to my favourite page instead of the last page I viewed before closing it when I open it back up. This seems like a very basic feature so I'm assuming it's doable, and that I'm just missing something?
01-06-2013, 10:12 AM #4
- 262 Posts
I have never used an android so I cannot comment. However this was also the case on the iphone. There is no homepage, it starts off as a black tab. The fact that when you open it, it shows your last website was because you never closed the tab from your last browsing session. If you want to go to a certain webpage you will have to pin that site. Or set it as a favorite and go to your favorites on the browser.
01-06-2013, 10:47 AM #6
- 299 Posts
Don't hold your breath. All the people in the world who want this feature have commented in this thread, not including me. All of the iterations of Android I have used behave the same as WP and iOS. Now only if we can get AOL keywords in the next update...
- 01-06-2013, 11:14 AM #7
Android allows you to set a homepage in the settings. Not sure why, since you usually start on a blank tab. I prefer it that way anyhow.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board ExpressI carry a fleet!
Samsung Galaxy S2
Now featuring more Sprint!
HTC EVO 4G LTE
How's that for a geek pathology!
08-07-2013, 12:31 PM #9
- 1 Posts
There are two ways actually.
1. Open the page u wanna set as home page
2. Restart your phone while IE open
1. Open the page u want to set home page in a new tab
2. Open the tabs window from settings(...)
3. close all other tabs except the home page tab
4. press back to exit IE.
Pinning the page is an option but I dont like the icon
Also, you know at the back of your head that the pinned page is not actually a homepage, its just a shortcut
Nokia Lumia 720
Last edited by xervflg; 08-07-2013 at 05:48 PM.
04-16-2014, 07:42 AM #10
- 1 Posts
I first tried the new tab option and now every time I close out of ie, it starts with a blank new tab. And I tried the other option and with no success. I would like to set it to bing (doesn't even go to bing page) or msn. Do you have any other suggestions?
- By 4fool in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 01-04-2015, 12:54 PM
- By jin8k in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 12-18-2012, 06:37 AM
- By cat_sorcerer in forum App SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 11-30-2012, 08:51 PM
- By Jenifer in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-10-2011, 08:30 AM