Possible to set a home page for IE on windows phone 8?

Toezilla

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to Windows phone and can't seem to figure out how to set a home page for internet explorer. Am I missing something? It would be nice to have it open to my favourite page instead of the last page I viewed before closing it when I open it back up. This seems like a very basic feature so I'm assuming it's doable, and that I'm just missing something?

howie

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I still haven't found a way. Instead, I went to the page I want as my homepage, then pinned it to the start

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeap, did same thing as Howie. I believe I read somewhere that this is one of requested features coming in a future update. Let's hope so.

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I have never used an android so I cannot comment. However this was also the case on the iphone. There is no homepage, it starts off as a black tab. The fact that when you open it, it shows your last website was because you never closed the tab from your last browsing session. If you want to go to a certain webpage you will have to pin that site. Or set it as a favorite and go to your favorites on the browser.

WPmunkey

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Don't hold your breath. All the people in the world who want this feature have commented in this thread, not including me. All of the iterations of Android I have used behave the same as WP and iOS. Now only if we can get AOL keywords in the next update...

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Android allows you to set a homepage in the settings. Not sure why, since you usually start on a blank tab. I prefer it that way anyhow.
Sent from my PM23300 using Board Express

Toezilla

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I guess I will just pin the page I wanted to set as a homepage to my start screen. Seems like a reasonable solution.

xervflg

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
There are two ways actually.
A.
1. Open the page u wanna set as home page
2. Restart your phone while IE open

B.
1. Open the page u want to set home page in a new tab
2. Open the tabs window from settings(...)
3. close all other tabs except the home page tab
4. press back to exit IE.

Pinning the page is an option but I dont like the icon
Also, you know at the back of your head that the pinned page is not actually a homepage, its just a shortcut

------
Nokia Lumia 720

Last edited:

Richard Vonderhaar

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I first tried the new tab option and now every time I close out of ie, it starts with a blank new tab. And I tried the other option and with no success. I would like to set it to bing (doesn't even go to bing page) or msn. Do you have any other suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb