Help with SkyDrive and posting photos in forums

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Can somebody please explain how I can get photos to appear in posts. I have my photos uploaded to SkyDrive and cannot get them to appear in posts.

Have tried generating a code in SkyDrive and pasting into the 'insert image' icon but keeps giving me a file type error.

Have tried viewing original image and copying the link into textbox and 'insert image' icon

Have managed to get the links directing to the photos, but would like the photo to actually appear in the post.

I could do this with my Webshots account but now my phone is directly connected to SkyDrive I would prefer to use this.

Thanks for your time

TheXFather

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
How i do it:
I have skydrive program on my pc. with sync on my pc from skydrive.

Upload SS from phone to skydrive. this saves the photo on my pc also.

Upload from my local skydrive folder.

does that make sense?

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Can somebody please explain how I can get photos to appear in posts. I have my photos uploaded to SkyDrive and cannot get them to appear in posts.

Have tried generating a code in SkyDrive and pasting into the 'insert image' icon but keeps giving me a file type error.

Have tried viewing original image and copying the link into textbox and 'insert image' icon

Have managed to get the links directing to the photos, but would like the photo to actually appear in the post.

I could do this with my Webshots account but now my phone is directly connected to SkyDrive I would prefer to use this.

Thanks for your time

just subd for the procedure

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been having issues with this as well. Been having to use a combination of Photobucket and Twitter to be able to successfully post a pic in different forum threads that use the "IMG" tags for pics.

And advice on using SkyDrive pics and IMG tags with WP8 devices would be helpful.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
To my knowledge...Don't think this can be done..

How I've seen most people (as well as my self) do it is just by sharing the photo and pasting the link skydrive generates...

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I just did it for the first time in this post http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mia-920-camera-focus-problem.html#post1847378

What I did was put it to public folder then goto View Original which gave me a mostly direct link to the picture. I trimmed off the extra param after the JPG extension and it seemed to work. I also unchecked the option to reference it locally thus making it reference it directly to the link.

kong u

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Finally got it to work! It was a combination of unchecking the referencing option and trimming off the extra parameters.

WP_20130103_063.jpg

WP_20130101_028.jpg

WP_20121226_021.jpg

WP_20121205_028.jpg

WP_20121205_011.jpg

[video]https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=480DDEB8A26602AB!1396[/video]

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I just did it for the first time in this post http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...mia-920-camera-focus-problem.html#post1847378

What I did was put it to public folder then goto View Original which gave me a mostly direct link to the picture. I trimmed off the extra param after the JPG extension and it seemed to work. I also unchecked the option to reference it locally thus making it reference it directly to the link.

Thanks!
This worked for me too, but it is a pain with the WP8 phone.
I too am trying to stop having to use the IPad\TapaTalk\Photobucket-app and just use the gorgeous WP8 Lumia 920.
But the combination of a much weaker SkyDrive app (compared to IOS Photobucket app) and the absence of a TapaTalk App (Don't even say Board Express. It's been abandoned by the developers) I end up having to use both devices. I shoot the pic and edit the pic on the Lumia. And I upload it to SkyDrive with the Lumia.

From that point I access SkyDrive from the iPad using the browser and get the "embed" link info. I copy and paste that into a browser and then click "view original" after it renders. THAT original is the URL I need to paste into the TapaTalk app posting and edit the tags to use [\IMG] tags.

Note that the Photobucket app for IPad is MUCH friendlier because it will give you all 5 versions of Tags\URLS with one mouse click. You simply pick the one your forum software likes.

So, my wish list is that SkyDrive (App and \or webpage) would generate a "original picture" URL for copy and pasting. AND I wish that Photobucket would add the functionality to their WP8 app they have in their IOS app.

I'm patient. But I really want my WP8 (and if I bought an RT device) and my SkyDrive to have the same functionality as my Ipad\iphone\photobucket\tapatalk combo has.
After all, Microsoft controls ALL of the equation if it is WP8\SkyDrive\WP8Tapatalk environment.

snakebitten

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Update: Upgraded 920 to a 1520. (Outstanding device)

I can now complete the entire workflow from taking a pic, editing pic, uploading to Skydrive, harvesting URL, editing URL, pasting into forum using Tapatalk.

I'm a happy camper.

A bonus is the excellent Nokia image editing apps now available. Getting lots of comments on the pics I use on my favorite forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos