I just got a Samsung Ativ S Windows 8 phone i am having trouble sending & receiving picture text.

Terry Carter

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Samsung Ativ S Windows 8 phone i am having trouble sending & receiving picture text.

I just got a Samsung Ativ S Windows 8 phone. The phone is unlocked and did not have any preset APN settings. I cant seem to pick the right APN settings. The internet works great , but i am having trouble sending & receiving picture text. I also seem to have trouble getting yahoo mail synchronizing. I have net10/straight talk. I switched from Att they only offer 3g for none contract users. Net10 uses Att towers so why not switch & save money. Well can anyone help me out & tell me how to find the right APN settings or anythign else i can do to get this fixed. No one at net10 seems to know how to fix this and told me to check with Samsung or my owners manual. But since Samsung is not giving any support yet for this phone i am at the mercy of you guys? Can someone help me?
update: I got my problem fixed. Come to find out all about the Samsung Ativ s will pick and add all the right APNs and mms settings as soon as you put in the sim card. Since i am using net10/straight talk which use either Att towers or T mobile towers all i had to do was tweak the settings a little with the ones net10 gave me inside the att apn settings. Now my picture text work just fine! I love this Samsung Ativ S phone the internet is blistering fast & WOW the screen shows great videos & pictures. I say to everyone get this phone!

Last edited:

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: I just got a Samsung Ativ S Windows 8 phone i am having trouble sending & receiving picture text

I find I likely it'll take time to receive it because. it depends on the picture resolution

Ultimateone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: I just got a Samsung Ativ S Windows 8 phone i am having trouble sending & receiving picture text

is your status on your messaging "signed in, available" ?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

I just got a Samsung Ativ S Windows 8 phone. The phone is unlocked and did not have any preset APN settings. I cant seem to pick the right APN settings. The internet works great , but i am having trouble sending & receiving picture text. I also seem to have trouble getting yahoo mail synchronizing. I have net10/straight talk. I switched from Att they only offer 3g for none contract users. Net10 uses Att towers so why not switch & save money. Well can anyone help me out & tell me how to find the right APN settings or anythign else i can do to get this fixed. No one at net10 seems to know how to fix this and told me to check with Samsung or my owners manual. But since Samsung is not giving any support yet for this phone i am at the mercy of you guys? Can someone help me?

WORKING Straight Talk MMS Settings for Ion - xda-developers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett