- 01-07-2013, 06:54 AM #1
So i think, and maybe i'm not alone. That the sent mail/inbox should have different sync timers.
Ex: inbox last 3 days
sent mail all.
1. Point i have lots of mails in my inbox and want to check some mail i sent last month. Can't be done unless on wi-fi (traffic issue) and u select sync all mail in the settings menu.
2. Sent mail is not in the standard tab when u click the mail tile. (maybe i'm dumb and i dunno how to set the sent folder to always show except to make a different tile for sent mail, and even then i can't set separate update times.)
I don't know if anybody else wants this i just thought i'd post something about it.
I needed to check something in my sent mail today and i just found our how much u have to tap to get to what u want in the sent folder.
01-07-2013, 08:36 AM #2
- 3 Posts
If your e-mail is on Exchange server (or Office 365 which is also Exchange) you can do this:
1) Open Outlook on your phone.
2) Tap search button in Outlook (not the phone capacitive search button).
3) Type some text that appears in the e-mail you are looking for in the search box.
4) If the e-mail does not show in the list (not on the phone) then tap the "search more in..." link at the bottom of the list. Outlook will now search e-mails on Exchange server.
5) If the mail you are looking for is not in the inbox then tap the "search all folders" on the bottom of results returned from server.
I use this a lot as I have rather heavy e-mail communication and don't want to clutter Outlook on my phone by syncing longer periods.
- 01-07-2013, 09:15 AM #3
Ty for the advice.
Don't u have to pay per month for Exchange or Office 365 accounts? I mean it doesn't look like a free service 2 me.
Just seems a waste to pay to see my mails :D.
I don't want this to be viewed as a bad reply i just thought there was a way to do it by default or without added expense.
01-07-2013, 09:41 AM #4
- 3 Posts
No problem :). I thought you might be using Exchange already. You are right, Office 365 is not a free service (I think that the cheapest Exchange plan is 4$ per month). I'm not sure if this option would work with other mail services (doesn't work for my Windows Live account on my WP7).
- 01-07-2013, 09:46 AM #5
Ty i just thought it's not that hard to add the inbox folder in the main screen and make it on a separate timer.
I mean it's got urgent mails and other stuff.
Also that separate timer could be configured like incoming from another mail. :D (just an ideea, i dunno how to implement in, if i would i would have devd an app myself :D).
- By willybraatlund in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 23Last Post: 01-05-2013, 02:44 PM
- By Cam Loeb in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 2Last Post: 12-13-2012, 05:22 PM
- By hepi in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 02-22-2012, 05:49 PM
- By darthhen in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 02-09-2012, 10:25 AM