Using XBL login for WP?

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere that the windows phone logins can be anything affiliated with MS. I have a strange problem tho. I would really like to use my current XBL login, but its actually tied to my gmail account. My login info for XBL is XXXXXXXX@gmail.com, is there any way to get this to work on my WP when it gets here, or am i going to have to figure out my old live/hotmail/whatever logins so i dont have to use a random e-mail?

Shawn

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
It will work fine.

If you plan on moving away from gmail do that first before setting up your phone though, it will make it easier

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Well, i am currently still a google fan, and happen to love my GMail account, but the more i read about google disabling their services on windows phones the more it pisses me off. IMO, if thats how theyre gonig to play, i think MS should send an update to make all devices using windows block google completely.

I refuse to ever use apple products due to their proprietary BS and the pay for everything and constant syncing with iTunes and whatnot. If google starts that crap with android, and keeps this up, ill boycott google the same way i do apple.

Shawn

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Check out Outlook.com, you can start by just fetching your gmail and decide if you like it. I preferred it and switched.

clayfx2

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem as my XBL account is under my @gmail MS account and i wanted to use @Hotmail/outlook for my phone, but the phone will make a playerXXXX XBL account for you if itsn't allready tied to the account. You can change which microsoft account your xbl account is under on the XBOX (directions here I think Change Microsoft Account | Xbox Microsoft Account | Xbox Windows Live ID - Xbox.com). But if you allready setup your phone and have the playerXXXX account you will need a 3rd account to swap to

okay this is where I am at with this. I created a 3rd MS account (@hotmail), and switched the account assigned to the main ms account on my phone over to the new fake one. Then you have to wait 30 before making any account changes (and a move away counts). So at the end of this month i'll move my orginal @gmail XBL account over to the account tied to the phone..

did that make since?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss