Google Calendar: Can't get any shared calendars to work

ZDS2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I've followed the instructions on Microsoft's website to sync multiple calendars using Google Calendar:

Some of your calendars don't sync with Windows Phone

Here's the problem: Their directions do not seem to work.

m.google.com/sync does not look the way they say it does. I remember it looking in the manner that they said about a year or two ago. Clicking on "Windows Mobile Device" sends you to the generic help page. In fact, it looks like as of now, Windows Mobile isn't even on the list anymore

I ended up finding a website very similar to what they are talking about by going to the Apple setup:

https://www.google.com/calendar/syncselect

I have the shared calendar that I would like selected and sync'd, but it will not show up on my phone. The only ones that will show up are those that are under "My Calendar." Anyone know a solution? This is a really big issue, as that read-only shared calendar is automatically updated for me by my school and contains my entire school schedule as well as everything happening the next day.

It worked great on my iPhone 4, but it doesn't want to work on Windows Phone 8 at all. I have an HTC 8X.

Cactus213

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a similar issue with Syncing Outlook Calendars via the Hotmail. Appears that WP8 will only Sync with Primary Calendar. Unfortunately one can't copy existing Calenders into Primary; Hence no Syncing capabilities.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing your out of luck here, this may just be a casualty of Google killing off EAS support for gmail users. It looks like the site for apple devices are only exposing those via CalDav, not EAS.

ZDS2

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing your out of luck here, this may just be a casualty of Google killing off EAS support for gmail users. It looks like the site for apple devices are only exposing those via CalDav, not EAS.

Ah, that would make perfect sense. I am hoping they're in the process of updating for Windows Phone 8 since their Windows Mobile section just disappeared. That'd be almost something I'd go refund my phone for if I can't get my calendar, that's a huge, huge part of having a smartphone for me.

Edit: Yep, you're exactly right. Hopefully Windows will make support for CalDav.

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/201...-going-to-screw-gmail-users-on-windows-phone/

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Ah, that would make perfect sense. I am hoping they're in the process of updating for Windows Phone 8 since their Windows Mobile section just disappeared. That'd be almost something I'd go refund my phone for if I can't get my calendar, that's a huge, huge part of having a smartphone for me.

Edit: Yep, you're exactly right. Hopefully Windows will make support for CalDav.

Google to Gmail Users: Forget Windows Phone, Go Android or iPhone

This wasn't supposed to happen until the end of January though, looks like Google just jumped the gun a bit. :(

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
THey aren't killing support for existing users, just new activations

They are killing it for ALL gmail users, but allowing those with free google apps accounts to keep it. However, if you add any users to your google apps account you will be forced to pay for all users on that account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6