SPP Support for WP8

Josh Mackey

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

metcho6

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I only know a little about this subject. However, there does seem to be a work around that exists, though official SPP isn't currently supported by Windows Phone 8. Here is a quote from the forums at the getpebble.com site regarding WP8 and SPP/Pebble Smartwatch support. Even if you have not ordered a Pebble, I find it important to the overall evolution of Windows Phone and the adoption by consumers.

"I got a mail from the Windows Phone 8 team about SSP:

Quote: With Windows Phone 8.0 developer platform, SSP apps can now be implemented on Windows Phone 8. Using RFCOMM, a developer should be able to get a socket via peerfinder and build an SSP implementation on top of that. This was done for a couple demos (e.g., Tim Laverty built an SSP implementation to control a Minstorm robot in his Build 2012 networking talk). Moving forward, the team is planning on providing some deeper sample code…and there are a couple community projects that are implementing SSP on top of the platform and publishing it. So while there isn’t a native SSP API set on the developer platform, it is now possible to implement an SSP solution on WP. As such, I’m marking this as ‘Started’. As such, download the WPSDK and give it a try. :)

is this enough to get Pebble to the WP8 platform?"

Link:Pebble

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire