Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Ford just opened up the app link API to developers. Only Android and iOS are supported at this time. Ford sync is another MS branded product that doesn't give support to its own products.

Sometimes I really feel like windows phone is just a hobby for Microsoft. They don't want to throw the resources at it to make it exceptional. After 2 years of windows phone I'm starting to get annoyed with how MS is handling the product. I can't keep being a cheerleader. As a developer, there are still key things missing from the SDK for no good reason.

With wp8 out they should be compatible. Its just stupid

Global Posts
    2,431 Global Posts
    tomorrow morning i'll be trying to pair my L920 with my wife's sync. The L900 did it quite easily and when I updated skype on the desktop it started up skype caling on the 920 and with voice announcement on botrh skype and the cellular calling.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

I talked to one of Fords Sync developers today and asked him if they have any plans to add WP support to Applink.

He answered: "We're looking at WP but no firm plans at present. Its an interesting OS and i'm a fan so hoping we do add support"

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    And if MS would have bought HERE they would have had an instant in with all automakers.

Dumb move really....MS should have bought the whole of Nokia and then turned around and sold off NSN...pretty simple.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    And if MS would have bought HERE they would have had an instant in with all automakers.

Dumb move really....MS should have bought the whole of Nokia and then turned around and sold off NSN...pretty simple.
    Don't have the link handy but read this morning that MS did try to get HERE but Nokia wouldn't let it go.