Having some troubles with notifications :(

Twitter@Firas_MD

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone ...
just got my new 8x 2 days ago and I'm loving it, its just that i started to notice that i cant see ANY updates from Facebook, Twitter, Rowi and other live tiles .. spent the last hour trying to see the problem but got nothing.
you know this is the most important feature to me on WP8 .. and cant really use it now.
i tried the settings on each app and I'm sure that i got a good internet connection and signed in and I'm using these apps.
EX: when i get a DM on twitter it doesn't show in the tile and i don't get a toast notification for it. ... but when i open the app i can see the DM there.

really i would appreciate it if anyone can help me out here.

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone ...
just got my new 8x 2 days ago and I'm loving it, its just that i started to notice that i cant see ANY updates from Facebook, Twitter, Rowi and other live tiles .. spent the last hour trying to see the problem but got nothing.
you know this is the most important feature to me on WP8 .. and cant really use it now.
i tried the settings on each app and I'm sure that i got a good internet connection and signed in and I'm using these apps.
EX: when i get a DM on twitter it doesn't show in the tile and i don't get a toast notification for it. ... but when i open the app i can see the DM there.

really i would appreciate it if anyone can help me out here.

I'm gonna take a stab at this one. To be frank: I'm new here so wait for someone with a little more experience to reply before freaking out.

Are you talking about the individual live tiles connected to those individual apps? If so, I only have experience with the FB app and I deleted it and just pinned an ie bookmark to the front page. Hated the darn thing. The ME tile does its job pretty well for everything but messages and event notifications. Also, none of the tiles can update more than once every half hour. MOST tiles default to once an hour. When things aren't working it's easy to get impatient. Some updates can be as late as 20 minutes past their intended time even though they are operating properly. It's also important to note that push updates and tile updates are two different things and operate through different systems.

So, first question: We talking 3rd party app tiles, or the first party ME tile?
Second question: have you waited more than 90 minutes without opening the app (opening it resets the time in the case of 3rd party apps) just to make SURE tile updates aren't working?

After that get back. Either someone here or myself will do our best to help out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre