Changing my live id

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know of a good walk through and when I should change my live Id?

Right now my live id is my Gmail email. But I am moving over to outlook.

Tomorrow I will be upgrading to a Lumia 920 from my Samsung Focus.

When should I change my Id? I know you it requires a reset of my old phone to change it.

One of my concerns is I have a few games that are wp7 only and would like to play them on my old wp7 device afterwards. Anybody know how I go about doing this?

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Well I got my 920 today and found out I am stuck with my Gmail email being my "address" for everything. Says I cannot change it. Doesn't matter I got my email all switched over and everything is good.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You can change it. Go to settings, and change your live id. The only other option is to do it from an Xbox.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
You can change it. Go to settings, and change your live id. The only other option is to do it from an Xbox.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Not my gamer tag but the Id I use to log in with. It says I cannot change that even though I set all my email and everything from Gmail to outlook. Not that big of a deal I guess.

srmccoy

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Once you convert everything to your new Microsoft ID you will have to factory reset your phone and set it up fresh with a new account.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I changed the main email associated with my live account. I have my live ID associated wtih my Xbox Live gold account and my Xbox Music account. I have had my Xbox Live Gold account for over 10 years, so I did not want to start over. I changed the email from some other email to my new outlook email address using my Xbox. I did it when I bought my Lumia 920, so it was pretty seemless. If you are starting with a new live ID or changing the email associated with your live ID, then I say the time you get your new phone is the perfect time to make the switch.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
My Xbox Live Gold was associated with my old Live ID (my @gmail.com), it followed me just fine when I switched my live ID to my @personaldomain.com. I did it all on Outlook.com, never touched the Xbox.

stoneysilence

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
My Xbox Live Gold was associated with my old Live ID (my @gmail.com), it followed me just fine when I switched my live ID to my @personaldomain.com. I did it all on Outlook.com, never touched the Xbox.

When I tried 2 days ago it said that it is not possible to change the live id login.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6