Issues with my phone

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my Lumia 920 and have been using it for a couple of months now. I have been really happy with this device and would recommend this to anyone. But there are some issues personally which I have noticed.

1. One of my main reasons to use sky drive is to share pics with my family and friends. And recently, I tried to share my folder with my friends. They were able to view and download individual pics, but while trying to download the whole folder, it is asking them to log into their windows accounts, which some of them dont have :(. . I tried everything from my side but to no avail. Is this even possible ??

http://http://wmpoweruser.com/skydrive-does-not-allow-sharing-large-files-with-non-skydrive-users/ (Links says a folder abover 25mb cannot be downloaded by a friend unless he signs into windows account)

2. While using mail app in my windows phone, Can we attach a file/document from my sky drive, in our gmail ? The attach button takes me to my albums, and my sky drive albums, but not my documents in sky drive.

3. I have noticed a stutter of my ringtone as I accept a phone call after the portico upgrade.

4. Phonebook having all my FB contacts with no phone numbers. I love People"s Hub, but I would separate it from phonebook.

5. My screen brightness is still not calibrated and fluctuates. I noticed a post on wpcentral and turned on my phone in a dark room, hoping it will re-calibrate, but nothing seems to work. maybe switching to low brightness is an option

6. Whatsapp still sucks.

I know many of the above issues have been discussed in the other threads, but I didnt find any resolutions. Hoping wpcentral and MS takes notice of this.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
2. While using mail app in my windows phone, Can we attach a file/document from my sky drive, in our gmail ? The attach button takes me to my albums, and my sky drive albums, but not my documents in sky drive.

I'm going off memory today because I don't have my device with me, but in this case I think you need to go into your document list in Skydrive and long press on the document and select share... then it should ask you what email account you want to use.

I know it works that way with pictures, but not sure on documents.. give it a try.

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm going off memory today because I don't have my device with me, but in this case I think you need to go into your document list in Skydrive and long press on the document and select share... then it should ask you what email account you want to use.

I know it works that way with pictures, but not sure on documents.. give it a try.

I know we can open documents in sky drive and share them, but I was having a conversation with a friend and wanted to share the document in the same conversation, but could not

GomzyRockz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I just filter out my facebook contacts in my people hub.

If you filter out your facebook contacts, then you wont be able to see them at all.

I created a group of my best friends, and receive updates, notofications from them. I love the social integration, but wished the phone book does what its name suggests - only "phone numbers"

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
True, but then I only want names with phone numbers, not facebook friends. Though they still show up on my feed in people hub.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Works fine for me, I only want the contacts I call, not all my facebook friends. But I don't mind seeing them on the feed. And filtering facebook does that for me. But everyone has different tastes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)