Multiple deviecs

adamw123

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys!

I own a HTC 8X, Also a custom PC and Samsung laptop, ALL running windows 8/WP8. Looking at the surface as a future purchase:D
I was juts wandering is there, or will there be any cool apps or "Things" that I would be able to use that connects them all up or takes advantage of them all using the same OS ?
Such as file transfers, or remote desktops/extension screens.
Just an idea as I use homegroup for my Laptop/PC but is there anything that I can take advantage of the phone/surface along with windows 8 on my laptop and/or PC?
It would be good to have something that will use all windows 8 devices together?

Thanks,
Adam

ryuh3d

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
If you use your Microsoft account on your PC and phone -- on Windows 8 and Windows RT you get free roaming profiles. Your wallpaper, IE favorites and few other items will roam with you. Sadly the phone doesn't auto sync favorites yet. Hopefully that is coming.

Then if you use Xbox Music and SkyDrive all of your files and media should be easily accessible by all devices. I have a Desktop and Laptop with Windows 8, Surface RT and a Lumia 920 all using the same Microsoft Account. It is pretty sweet.

adamw123

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Oh nice, I will give that a try then!
The accessing from skydrive, will that mean I will have to save/backup to skydrive to be able to see them yeah?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3