01-13-2013 07:36 PM
- Hello Everyone,
First let me say that I am a Windows Phone supporter- obviously. We've owned Windows Phones since WP7 was released - both my Wife and I use WPs. I doubt anyone on these boards has spent more money on applications and games than I have. I am only saying this to make everyone aware that I am not just here to whine and complain. I am here for actual input and opinions. One of the WPs we have is a Samsung Focus. This phone is a beast. Never a single issue at all. It's one of the most solid phones we've ever had.
Saying that, I semi-recently, got a Lumia 900 to hold me over until my upgrade is available with AT&T. I've had some pretty annoying issues with this phone. Nokia has been aware and acknowledged the issues that I've had months ago - vibration issues, volume issues, back button issues, touch screen issues, etc. I have even been in contact with Nokia representatives who have been told that their research and development department are aware of these issues. No updates have been released to fix these issues as of yet. Because of these issues, I've been looking at purchasing a 920. Research has led me to find out that the 920 has many issues that many people are aware of that haven't been taken care of as of yet.
So, this leads me to extraordinary worry. Nokia, being the driving force of the Windows Phone platform, seems to be producing phones that are somewhat buggy and problem-ridden. Is there any information out there as to reliability of different Windows Phone manufacturers, etc.? I can't take a hit on another faulty piece of hardware. I am not going to "jump ship to Android or iOS" but I am seriously considering a downgrade to another Samsung Focus.
Also, and I swear I don't mean to sound like a jerk, you should know that my electronics and phones are treated with insane amounts of care. I am obsessive compulsive and there is not a single scratch, nick, or anything on any of our phones.01-11-2013 07:02 PM
- It's always hit and miss when buying a new product on the market, especially one with a brand new OS. My first 920 had issues so I sent it to Nokia Care. They sent me a replacement with updated firmware and this one is problem free. You should be fine though because if you do get a 920 from AT&T it will come with the Portico update which is alleged to have fixed many issues.01-12-2013 10:05 AMLike 1
- The issues with the 920 mainly seem to be with the first batch of phones. I had several issues with the one I got an launch day but after having it swapped out, I haven't had a single issue. Also the 920 is greatly improved compared to the 900, they really took some time and paid attention to detail.01-12-2013 10:05 AM
- Well, i think the new Lumia 920 from AT&T with the Portico update has no issue. Thats what my friends told me and from what reading from the post. My 920 is intentional and no Portico update, and i didnt have any issue, it never freezed or anything! I can say its perfect...Anyways, yes Nokia is the best for WP and i advise you to buy Nokia Lumia 920 just make sure you have Portico update. Best of luck!!01-13-2013 06:38 AM
- The issue with the first generation of hardware from Nokia was that it was rushed. They announced the partnership back in 2011 and had to get the Lumia 710 / 800 out in a timely fashion. These were followed by the Lumia 900. The current generation of hardware for Windows Phone 8 is vastly improved. Even the new handsets Nokia is releasing for Windows Phone 7.8 - they're all built on the success of older hardware, with improvements and fixes already implemented. While there are still issues that need to be addressed (when aren't there with technology?) you can be sure that the experience will be good.01-13-2013 09:58 AM
- Thank you for the information everyone. I am awaiting a call from Nokia's customer service and/or research and development team regarding a replacement. I'll see if they send a new unit that hopefully alleviates some of these issues I am having. I love the Lumia, in theory, so I am waiting anxiously. If things don't go as planned, maybe I'll pick up another cheap Focus and hold off until the mid-year devices get released as conanheath mentioned.
Thank you!01-13-2013 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD