Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Hi
    Its been a week since I got the HTC 8x and its working fine, though the Facebook app was a pain, good thing for me was that I knew it wasn't just me XD.

Now .. Going to settings > applications > background tasks ... Will show you a list of the apps that will keep running in the background .. I was able to black some of them to minimize the battery drain, but it seems that the Facebook app is Locked in " blocked" state .. No matter what I did, so I thought to share that with you to see if you got it also the saneas me.. Hope to hear from you guys..

Thank you for passing by..
    Lucky it's in blocked state. For me it is in allowed state and no matter what I do it stays so. It's glitchy.
  3.    #3  
    Do you resave any notifications from Facebook ? I don't, but after posting this I reinstalled the app and got the app stats to allowed .. I think I started to see some updates, not sure if it was the problem though.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    Yes, I do get all the updates from facebook within 10-15 seconds of post.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    The background task for Facebook is only for the lockscreen image updates. If you don't use it, you cannot unblock it.