Should I Get Windows phone?

Walid Ali

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, as a symbian user for the last 6 yrs (Nokia Fan) i was wondering if i should get a windows phone? the things i do with the phone are simple
1. Should have a facebook and twitter client
2. Ebook reader (Pdf,chm, doc, ppt, ) i read alot of books as i am a medical doctor
3. save Web page for latter reading and opening locally saved html file ( i have 2gb web page saved , for the reason mentioned on #2)
4. send any type of file from the phone via bluetooth (pictures, applications, videos, documents, compressed files etc...)
5. download anyfile and store it in a folder to transfer to pc or view with appropriate application
6. play popular video formats (flv, mkv, avi, mp4 ....)
7. multi tasking (mainly for chat application in background and reading books)

Well this are the things i could think of right now, i could do most of the things on my symbian phone as a nokia fan i would be happy to buy it again but i'm not sure as people are saying windows phone can't do this things. Android is the closest thing to symbian but i hate the lags and not responding thing plus no nokia. so i would be glad to hear your opinions. thank you.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No, as 4,5 & 6 aren't possible, and i can guarantee within a week you'll be moaning about missing features. Same issues with ios android is your only real option.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
1-2) yes
3) maybe
4) partial support
5) SkyDrive, dropbox and only certain files are supported.
6) avi,mp4 ,wmv ,asf ,h.264, 3gp are natively supported, .flv and.mkv require an app (VLC is currently in planning)
7) yes but only 7 apps can be in the task switcher. Chat apps will still send notifications and some other apps will retain position.

Walid Ali

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Yea, i'm thinking of android but can't find good 4-4.3 in android. All the good phones are monsters 4.5 in and above. I think i'll get an android phone until windows sorts its problems or if nokia jumps to android then buy buy. I'm thinking whats the durable android phone? in my country there is no guarentee so you are on your on thats why i need nokia ( it never fails you) thanks for your suggestions.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
That used to be true, but since Android released Jelly Bean it's pretty much a moot point. Jelly Bean is very fast & smooth.

What this guy said. If you claim that Android is laggy, you haven't used Android in a year or so.
Windows Phone can't do a number of things you'd like it to do. Oddly enough, Windows Mobile could do all of those things.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
What this guy said. If you claim that Android is laggy, you haven't used Android in a year or so.
Windows Phone can't do a number of things you'd like it to do. Oddly enough, Windows Mobile could do all of those things.

well depends what you want to use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb