Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

In a situation where direct access to the exchange server is prohibited and the only means of accessing mail is through a browser using a URL (for e.g. https://owa.xyz.com/exchange), is there an app to integrate the information into one of WP8's mail applications? Activesync is disabled so no way to get direct server access. Appreciate some feedback. Thanks in advance.

No, I don't believe so, the only way to integrate into mail application is through the built in settings and account options, any third party apps that mimic OWA access if they exist would only be able to do so in the apps themselves, and not integrate with WP8 mail

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Check the OWA server and see under options if it has a setting for imap or pop. Turns out I had to do that for one of my email servers and it works prefect now.
    Sent from my Cyan Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

What Kevin said was true.

We once considering integrate mail function into our app, but quickly run into that problem:
    No application can get/receive data with system mail/account function.

And people won't need another mail application on WP.
    Product Guy @UC Browser for WP

Thanks to all for the help. Apologies for the delay in responding (travel). Boris# - I actually wouldnt mind a separate app which fetches mail/calendar from the owa URL. Not all permit BYOD and this could be the only solution for those who still would like mail acess when activesync/direct access to server is disabled/not permitted. IOS in fact has such an app (in fact a couple) which takes the owa URL and fetches info and in fact even permits replying to mails - of course through the app itself and not integrated with the IOS mail profiles. I do hope someone can pick this up as a pet project, subject of course to demand from a wider audience. Anyway, just loving my 920! Thanks again folks. Truly appreciate.

I have an iPad that uses an app called Mail+ for Outlook that taps in through OWA, and retrieves not just mail, but Calendar, tasks, notes, contacts. It even does reminders and notifications for new mail. Best $5 I ever spent. Because it all work-related, I don't mind it being separate from my regular mail.
    I just wish I could find a similar app for my 920...

Dave