01-13-2013, 10:28 AM #1
- 1 Posts
Hey guys, I've been using my lumia 920 with no problem so far. transferring songs from my computer to my phone by copy and pasting music folders was no problem,only until recently. I opened up the music&videos app and I found multiple tracks of every song on the album. However when I checked my phone folder,there were no such multiple files. I've also tried enabling the 'show hidden files,folders etc' option in the windows explorer menu, but alas theres was still no trace of multiple files. PLEASE HELP D;
- 01-13-2013, 10:54 AM #2
I continue to experience this issue with adding tracks to a playlist using the Xbox Music Pass (both on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8), do not remove one of the duplicates as it will remove all of the songs that are in a playlist / library more than once.
- 01-18-2013, 05:39 AM #5
I had same issue, too. If you open properties page of any file in Album hidden folder, you should get duplicate entries in details tab. Manually removing them does not fix the issue. You have to delete *all* files in Album and Artist hidden folders (be sure your music+video app is not open on the phone), then disconnect the phone and start music+video, to complete reindexing. If it doens't fix the issue, you have to delete these files again and mp3 files too.
- 01-31-2013, 07:12 PM #7
I try some things with the sd card, formating twice, even with my previus N8.
I copy paste my files (a few music, 1 video and a few pictures) to test, to see what it'll happent...still Nothing.
Now I have all music 2-3 times each track.
some pictures 2-3 times and
1 video, plus his ghost...
So I don't think that is problem with the sd card but the os. but a friend of mine has no such problems...
wierd and tired...
- 02-07-2013, 06:37 PM #10
I found this post from here.. answers.microsoft
It helped me, for now....If you don't mind sync all the music again.
Here's a way to clean up everything.
1. uses Windows Phone App for Desktop and go to phone.
Delete all the songs. (ctrl + a, space will select all)
2. close the app
3. unplug the devices
4. use File Browser, and go to this location
5. delete everything in that folder
6. check the devices using file browser and see if theres' anything left in the devices (both phone and SD storage)
after doing this, you should have a clean state of sync relationship (no music is being synced over)
- 03-23-2013, 09:50 PM #11
I'm having the duplicates problem with my Lumia 620. I tried to use the WP 8 app for PC, but it crashed while syncing. re-ran the sync and ended up with lots of duplicates entries on the phone. The actual song files only appear once on the SD card, but they are all listed twice in the music app. I have tried most of the suggestions in this thread (and others) but haven't had any joy. I even tried a different SD card and used Windows Explorer to drag files to the SD card music folder. I still get duplicate entries. I don't have any cloud sync turned on for Xbox Music app and I don't use Xbox Music in general. The only thing I haven't tried is doing a full phone reset, but not sure I want to go to that extreme. Surely there's some way to get music onto this thing without having multiples of everything show up in the phone!
Anyone been able to cure this problem?
- 03-24-2013, 07:22 PM #13
EDIT: Have tried your suggestion of putting the Micro SD into a PC and transferring music files directly to it. It worked. I've copied a bunch of album across and when I loaded the card into the phone and booted, there are no duplicate songs in the music app.
I will need to test a bit more to declare this a complete success, but so far it's looking good.
Last edited by OzRob; 03-25-2013 at 05:46 AM.
- 04-12-2013, 12:48 AM #15
OK. This is getting ridiculous! I had about 15G of music on my 32G micro SD card, which I'd copied to the card using a PC and card reader to avoid the duplicates problem. All was working OK. Had an update for Xbox M&V appear in the store so I did the upgrade. Now I have five (5)! copies of every song appearing in the listing (there's still only one file on the SD card).
What the #%%$$# is going on here?
I don't have any form of music cloud sync turned on. I don't use the online service. I never stream music. All I want to do is play the music that I have installed on my SD card. How hard can it be?
I will reformat the card, reload all the music and try again. If I get this duplicate song issue one more time the Lumia 620 will be given to the dog to play with and I'll be going back to my Android phone.
- 04-12-2013, 01:01 AM #16
That's a bummer. I did not get an update alert yet for Xbox Music & Video but will try it when I get it and see if I have the same issue. I did a search in the store and could not find it to see if it says there is an update available. But if you can find and send me a link to it in the windows store I will try it right away instead of waiting for the store icon to tell me.
- 04-12-2013, 02:01 AM #17
EDIT: Firmware on my Lumia 620 was also updated to 1030.6407.1308.0001 around the same time, so this equally could have been the culprit. In fact looking at my Storage settings it seems the whole SD card info is off. It reports that I have 54GB of music on my 32GB card, with 17GB of space free. It also reports -4.1326MB of Other files!!! Something is wrong somewhere.
Last edited by OzRob; 04-12-2013 at 02:14 AM.
- 04-12-2013, 02:29 AM #18
Lol....something is way off I would say. I have a 64G card, so can't tell you if the smaller card will help. When I was working through those methods to remove duplicate files I also had weird file space information like you are having now. Note that I don't have the 1308 update yet, nor the recent 1314 which I assume I will get instead (if it ever shows available for me!!!) - I am still on 1249.
- 04-12-2013, 04:54 AM #20
- 04-13-2013, 02:48 PM #22
There is a sticky thread, Music Tips & Tricks, that might help but it sounds like the update almost corrupted the music or how the OS sees it. Maybe removing the music, soft resetting and making sure the SD card is being recognised and working properly before resyncing your music.
Last edited by Muessig; 07-16-2013 at 03:08 AM.
04-25-2013, 12:54 PM #24
- 1 Posts
I had the same problem with my Nokia Lumia 820.... Frustrated with the duplicate titles/ songs however I have discovered a "fix for this albeit a bit of a bind but it works.
1. Remove the SD card from the phone. You'll then need a card reader or the suchlike to put the card directly into your pc or laptop.
2. Copy any files you want to keep into an empty folder on your pc/ laptop.
3. When all the files have copied across format the SD card. A quick format will suffice.
4. Reassemble the phone and plug it into your laptop.
5. In windows explorer go to your mobile phone and find the folder "music" go into all f the different folders in there and delete any files that are in there such as album covers etc.
6. When this is done restart the phone and then go into Nokia music and it should show that there are no music files to play (or something like that!!!)
7. Copy all the music files back onto the SD card, copy and paste will suffice. This may take some time depending on how many files etc etc etc.
8. When this is all copied across then eject the SD card and put it into your windows phone and switch on. It will give a message asking if you want to store any music and photos onto your SD card. Tap the "yes" button. Then open up Nokia music and after a short time all of your music files will show and no duplicates. I tried this on three occasions and it worked correctly every time.
N.b. before you copy the files across makes sure all of the tracks have the correct names or they will end up as different albums and the music will be be all very the place.
I hope that this helps a few of you at the very least... It worked for me after I was losing a bit of faith in the phone..
- By jonharrell in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 07-08-2011, 01:58 AM
- By JoshP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 11-22-2010, 08:36 PM
- By jonharrell in forum ZuneReplies: 10Last Post: 11-13-2010, 08:27 PM