What is taking Viber so long?

Viber

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys.
This is a member of the Viber team.

Don't worry we haven't forgotten you! We are still working on Viber for WP8, and hope to have good news soon...Please stay tuned!

Thanks,
Viber

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.

Don't worry we haven't forgotten you! We are still working on Viber for WP8, and hope to have good news soon...Please stay tuned!

Thanks,
Viber

Can you please give us a date or a month so we can know! we are always waiting and tuned....

mnarvind

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Any particular reason why it is taking so long? Has Microsoft made WP 8 so inaccessible to developers? Is MS trying to attract users or trying to shoo them away? Except for the Office app and the camera in Lumia 920, I have already started regretting having bought Lumia 920 15 days back...

Sharpmango

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.

Thanks,
Viber

thank you for your reply. Could you please be slightly more specific about how much longer it will be. I got my whole extended family to get viber.. That's 30-40 people because i liked your service. Now when i switched to WP, Im the only one who doesn't have it. A bit embarrasing really.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
thank you for your reply. Could you please be slightly more specific about how much longer it will be. I got my whole extended family to get viber.. That's 30-40 people because i liked your service. Now when i switched to WP, Im the only one who doesn't have it. A bit embarrasing really.

Viber hasn't updated ever on schedule. Don't expect any update before summer 2013. Even if that Viber member comes back to say otherwise. Their PR has no idea about development and you can see that on numerous XDA threads.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
How about they tell us if it'll come out in 2013? I don't think so. I hope Tango comes out for WP8 soon so i can just tell everyone to ditch Viber

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
How about they tell us if it'll come out in 2013? I don't think so. I hope Tango comes out for WP8 soon so i can just tell everyone to ditch Viber

Skype is looking much better choice compared to Tango or Viber to be honest. Plus, closer integration that it will get over next year or so, will only mean that chat, calls and file sharing will be seamless to say the least! Try Skype - it's in beta, so is buggy but not as limited in functions as Viber.

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
im not happy with viber, not at all! They say stay tuned and i want a date! Tango is fine and i hope it comes i dont care about viber anymore! im using skype and its great

perspicatio

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I stopped waiting. Plenty of alternatives from people who take their app functionality and patient users a little more seriously. :amaze:

I just use text IM so WhatsApp has suited my needs perfectly (Live tile WORKS, has predictive text etc). Skype is a little more involved but good for voice/video.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes