Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By heijenoort
  • 1 Post By Coreldan
  • 1 Post By aubreyq
  1. wilsey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    220 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
       #1  
    I've been wondering, if I add my Facebook account, what will happen to the Photos section in my phone? Will it download all the photos and made it available on my phone?
    Last edited by wilsey; 01-14-2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: typo
  2. heijenoort's Avatar
    Developer

    Posts
    80 Posts
    #2  
    No, photos will be downloaded "on demand" :)
    hitchhiker90 and wilsey like this.
  3. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    3,431 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,104 Global Posts
    #3  
    I noticed in the photo section, your Facebook albums become available If you go in the "albums" section.
  4. Coreldan's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,583 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,591 Global Posts
    #4  
    As already mentioned, the pictures will come available as previews, but they wont be fully downloaded. I believe even if you open them, it won't save it (rather temporarily stream it) unless you specifically choose to save it to phone.
    hitchhiker90 likes this.
  5. wilsey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    220 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by heijenoort View Post
    No, photos will be downloaded "on demand" :)
    Great, thanks for the information :D

    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    As already mentioned, the pictures will come available as previews, but they wont be fully downloaded. I believe even if you open them, it won't save it (rather temporarily stream it) unless you specifically choose to save it to phone.
    That's what I'm afraid of, if it will download all the photos on my phone. As there are lots of photos on Facebook.
  6. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsey View Post
    That's what I'm afraid of, if it will download all the photos on my phone. As there are lots of photos on Facebook.
    Don't worry about that. You are just accessing Facebook albums from your Pictures Hub, the pictures themselves are on Facebook servers unless you manually save them to your phone album.
    wilsey likes this.
  7. Zenite's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #7  
    How do I delete all FB profile photos for people from my phone. They got copied when I tried FB integration about year ago?

    I don't need face photos for my contacts.
  8. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenite View Post
    How do I delete all FB profile photos for people from my phone. They got copied when I tried FB integration about year ago?

    I don't need face photos for my contacts.
    Sounds like your contacts are still linked to their corresponding Facebook info. Open up one of the contacts that has a Facebook picture, tap Edit, then scroll down. You'll probably see a Windows Live entry and a Facebook entry. Delete the Facebook entry.
  9. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,047 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by aubreyq View Post
    Sounds like your contacts are still linked to their corresponding Facebook info. Open up one of the contacts that has a Facebook picture, tap Edit, then scroll down. You'll probably see a Windows Live entry and a Facebook entry. Delete the Facebook entry.
    If his Facebook account is still linked to the phone the only way to delete them is to remove the person from his friendlist on the site.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-28-2013, 10:12 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 08:30 AM
  3. Can't add Facebook account. HTC Titan
    By turnedmyworld in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-12-2012, 10:56 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2012, 06:02 PM
  5. is it worth to make the jump to the arrive?
    By DontHate707 in forum HTC Arrive / 7 Pro
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 01:03 PM

Posting Permissions