Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Which problem are you having with facebook chat on windows phone?

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • Contacts not showing, chat not connecting

106 57.30%
  • None. Mines works perfectly fine!

47 25.41%
  • Receive an error code

2 1.08%
  • idk, never used it.

30 16.22%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm keep getting the first messages from the chat, but afterwards it stops. For example my wife wrote me 3 lines, the first two appeared on the phone, but the last one did not arrived at all. Fb chat on WP8 keeps doing that, I can't have a conversation on the phone cause at some point the chat stops working, I don't receive nothing and I can't send nothing even though the phone shows that my message is delivered. On the status.live.com it shows that the service is ok (connected services) but it isn't. The damn thing is broken, is not working as it should.
    Regarding fb, I can get notifications pushed on my phone from the fb app, like comments or so..but the chat from the inbuilt WP8 does not work properly.

i've actually tried that on my htc radar and once again on my new lumia 810, no luck, ive tried just about everything on those threads... whats worse is i still can't use it from IM plus or the skype desktop client... but yes i have tried deleting the account on facebook and my device to get the prompt to re ad the acount on facebook

Quote Originally Posted by ChazTyldsley View Post
    I genuinely think this is the fix... switched over to busy and so far tonight it's been working similarly to my iPad does and iPhone did - messages don't come through if you're in an active chat on the computer but once the conversation stops for about 10 minutes they come through again on your mobile devices. I'll keep experimenting but I hope this is it.
    i've actually tried this and it shows the contacts as on mobile... hasn't worked as far as me sending messages but it does show a different behavior

Hi,
    I have a problem with my LUMIA 820 (WP8). On Saturday (maybe on Friday) incoming Facebook messages have stopped to come. I can see online contacts on "Online" tab, I can even send them a outgoing message (it really sent like a charm), but no incoming messages:/ I spend a few hours with testing (wifi vs. 3g vs 2g), I did factory reset of my phone, I also remove/add facebook connection in my hotmail account. My phone was fully charged without energy saver. On the internet there are no similar topics from the last few days:/ I'm really desperate:/

Can you please help me? What I'm doing bad? Or it is a problem of Microsoft/Facebook?

Many thanks in advance

I just noticed today that something has indeed changed. For one... I can't "switch" from chatting via text to Facebook, or vice versa. There used to be a icon that allowed you to switch between chat/msg services and that's gone now. I just woke up so will do some looking but something is indeed different.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Graf View Post
    Hi,
    I have a problem with my LUMIA 820 (WP8). On Saturday (maybe on Friday) incoming Facebook messages have stopped to come. I can see online contacts on "Online" tab, I can even send them a outgoing message (it really sent like a charm), but no incoming messages:/ I spend a few hours with testing (wifi vs. 3g vs 2g), I did factory reset of my phone, I also remove/add facebook connection in my hotmail account. My phone was fully charged without energy saver. On the internet there are no similar topics from the last few days:/ I'm really desperate:/

Can you please help me? What I'm doing bad? Or it is a problem of Microsoft/Facebook?

Many thanks in advance

Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    I've noticed some of my messages do not go through when using Facebook messenger integrated in Windows Phone. I just wish they'd update the Facebook app and release a proper stand alone messenger app like on iPhone. What is the hold up for an proper Facebook update?

Doesnt work with Windows 8 Messaging, Skype neither Windows Phone lol

Just removed skype add from Facebook, i expect they solve this soon enough.

yep im having connection problems to FB chat..it was working fine with i first started using it then just out of no where i get "cannot connect to chat" error. its come on once since then which was last night and hasn't been seen since. the weird thing is, is that it works perfect on my husbands phone.

i have tried everything you can think of and the suggested in an earlier post to make it work but no luck, something is just not syncing up between FB/live/windows. i hope they fix this soon

Quote Originally Posted by iHuGi View Post
    Doesnt work with Windows 8 Messaging, Skype neither Windows Phone lol

Just removed skype add from Facebook, i expect they solve this soon enough.
    yea still nothing happening on this... seems there is no solution out there still... I will update this thread if I find out anything else...

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsey Love View Post
    yep im having connection problems to FB chat..it was working fine with i first started using it then just out of no where i get "cannot connect to chat" error. its come on once since then which was last night and hasn't been seen since. the weird thing is, is that it works perfect on my husbands phone.

i have tried everything you can think of and the suggested in an earlier post to make it work but no luck, something is just not syncing up between FB/live/windows. i hope they fix this soon
    i understand, mines used to work, don't know where the solution will come from, there are a ton of so called solutions that dont work and people say they don't work... damn shame actually
    I realize that this was posted a couple of months ago, but Facebook just went through another update to their chat system (allowing users to filter who can see them as online in chat) and ever since that update I can connect to chat but none of my contacts show up. The first day FB made this change I filtered my chat to allow only 3 people to see me and those users did show up as online on my phone. After that first day, however, no one is showing up. I have checked on my PC and people ARE online. I have detached my FB acct. from my Microsoft account and re-added it which had no effect. I turned on chat to all users with the same result. Is anyone else having this issue? Have we found any solutions? It's driving me nuts!!!!!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hey Guys,

Same issue here. Not able to use facebook chat with the integrated messenger on my WP 7.5 device. Though it had worked previously. In fact none of the third party chat clients cant connect to fb chat (talk to, IM+). So I believe this is a Facebook issue. Anybody has any updates?
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry George View Post
    Hey Guys,

Same issue here. Not able to use facebook chat with the integrated messenger on my WP 7.5 device. Though it had worked previously. In fact none of the third party chat clients cant connect to fb chat (talk to, IM+). So I believe this is a Facebook issue. Anybody has any updates?
    No sir, still no solutions, I have been attempting to gain some ground on this, and I think the fact that the user base is growing and we are now seeing more users with the problem will help, I am 100% sure this is a Facebook problem though. Skype and IM+ won't even connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Ziegman View Post
    I realize that this was posted a couple of months ago, but Facebook just went through another update to their chat system (allowing users to filter who can see them as online in chat) and ever since that update I can connect to chat but none of my contacts show up. :
    thats a problem everyone has, ttry connecting thru Skype or windows messenger thru outlook.com, u will see that the issue is not just contacts not showing up but that Facebook chat is not connecting period...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Edmonds View Post
    Never use Facebook so the chat is turned off. Will fire it up and see if it affects Windows Phone at all.
    I know this hasn't been a humongous issue, but its definitely a ongoing unsolved one. I want to see if the moderators have seen anything on this Rich... thanks to taking a look into it...
    It was working all fine till today. I suddenly noticed a message on FB and didn't get it on my phone. So went to the messaging app and app says "can't connect to chat."
    Quote Originally Posted by Diptesh Sachania View Post
    It was working all fine till today. I suddenly noticed a message on FB and didn't get it on my phone. So went to the messaging app and app says "can't connect to chat."
    awesome ... back online...

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    I use facebook chat on my 8X everyday with no issues.

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavel Graf View Post
    Hi,

Many thanks in advance
    Same here, after the fix that markfive user provided on the 1 page I can see online people, my messages are being sent instatnly but I recieve only first couple of lines of incoming messages, then the chat stops to recieve any further updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Florin Anghel View Post
    I'm keep getting the first messages from the chat, but afterwards it stops. For example my wife wrote me 3 lines, the first two appeared on the phone, but the last one did not arrived at all. Fb chat on WP8 keeps doing that, I can't have a conversation on the phone cause at some point the chat stops working, I don't receive nothing and I can't send nothing even though the phone shows that my message is delivered. On the status.live.com it shows that the service is ok (connected services) but it isn't. The damn thing is broken, is not working as it should.
    Regarding fb, I can get notifications pushed on my phone from the fb app, like comments or so..but the chat from the inbuilt WP8 does not work properly.
    this is totally what i am experiencing too.

Hey Guys..

I am also not able to recieve messages through the inbuilt fb chat service using Hotmail account..

Just got my phn updated..Still no incoming msgs..What to do??
    Ane solutions???
    They are having problems with connected services, so please go to http://status.live.com and report a problem for connected services->connecting to a new service. Or Messenger->trying to send an IM to another user on another service. More reports they'll receive the more attention they will pay to this problem.
    Last edited by Florin Anghel; 04-15-2013 at 05:49 AM.

Facebook chat worked properly here (India) for exactly 4 days after I bought the Nokia Lumia 820 last week. Since yesterday evening, I have the dreadful "can't connect to chat" error shown in the messaging app. However, I can chat using outlook.com...which means the settings and service connection is fine. Its a shame nothing seems to work on the phone! I am hoping something is wrong on the server side and things will be back to normal soon...otherwise I am returning the phone. What's the point...FB chat doesn't work, whatsapp doesn't work, Skype is so unstable...might as well buy a Galaxy in which atleast all the services work properly! Waiting eagerly for a solution!!

This is pretty dumb. I tried all the steps earlier in the thread but no luck. Even hard reset the phone.

If I go to my contacts and find someone who I know is online from logging into facebook.com, I can send them a message. It will say they are offline. Then when they reply magically the phone updates that specific person's status online on the messenger list and says they are available. This is a big problem that MS should be taking some flak for.

Did notice one thing which may cause some confusion regardings the contacts shown. Facebook using a desktop shows all the users as online who are actually online and those who have their phones set to being available. WP only shows the former group, frequently resulting in a subset of people who are online on the desktop but not online on your phone...
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast