HUGE! Facebook Chat API Problem affecting Windows Phone and Skype

Florin Anghel

Banned
Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I think they fix it, yesterday on twitter winphonesupport replied to me and said they are still looking into it, today it works :D I'm gonna thank them.

Jaripi

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
No, it just worked suddenly. I tried every guide on the web, none of them worked.
It was on Facebook's fault.

Same here, all just work suddenly on the morning (after almost a week with empty online list) ...

About missing messages, I had a case with my friend that her messages did not arrive to my cp, but she received all my messages ... well, we removed an battery saver app, "Batteryx2", from her android phone and since that, I have received all her messages ...

TheActiveX

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I still have the problem on my 920 ... I removed the account from the phone and deleted the app on FB and re-added the account, but still no luck.
Any suggestions?

"Can't connect to chat" message and no online contracts.

London Jr

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I still have the problem on my 920 ... I removed the account from the phone and deleted the app on FB and re-added the account, but still no luck.
Any suggestions?

"Can't connect to chat" message and no online contracts.

nope... IM plus gives a failed connection notification on the web and app, outlook.com switches facebook connection automatically to off, skype says it can't connect and lumia just doesn't show the contacts. i tried disconnecting all of the accounts and they are all disconnected completely at the moment, all accounts removed from fb and the apps themselves and my phone. i tried it just a while ago. this is strange, nothing is working. I've scoured my fb settings to find something, what the hell am i looking over?

i still think there is a problem still affecting a small amount of us, or the fix is still rolling out... i'm still researching it... but they did acknowledge that there is/was a problem

TheActiveX

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Messaging is working on outlook.com and with a bit of a delay in IM+ as well. Just not on the phone.
My firmware version is 1232.5931.1249.1002

boomxx

May 10, 2013
Visit site
All internet messaging is not working on my Windows Phone 7 (Both Facebook and MSN). I have tried some of the fixes, but none have worked for me. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

*I know that this problem is not only about Facebook Chat API but I still need help

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

i'm getting this problem since long ago. What it fix this problem (for a little while at least) is creating another "access point" in the settings. So, when i get "can't conect to chat", i just switch from my original apn to the one i've created...wait a few seconds, a then select the original again. This fix my problem until next time (sometimes an hour later, a day later....)

Cheers!

Murali Krishna3

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Same issue with my phone, brother. It's lumia 510. It's really irritating to see that no one from Microsoft or Facebook have reacted as they should have. Have tried all the possibilites. Still no luck.

fvalino

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok... This sounds too simple but it worked for me. I've been getting this "Can't connect to Chat"/"Can't connect to IM" message from both my Me tile and my message chat screen for about a month now. It was really annoying. All I did was uninstall the Facebook app from my phone and the Chat finally kicked in. SO WEIRD... I haven't tried reinstalling the FB app from the application store but I'm going to try that now and see if chat stops working again. My guess is that chat will probably work fine after I reinstall the FB app.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I think I found the root for the problem. Not sure though.

I enabled secure Facebook, the thing that makes the HTTPS work rather than HTTP, and I think Facebook chat is working flawlessly.

Can anyone try and confirm?

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have secure browsing enabled and still have problems. I receive most messages but I cannot always reply.

hahaha, I never had a problem with sending, but I only received 20% of the messages, I had no idea why, now its working excellent, I'm not having any problems what so ever.

Maybe its just a one time thing, I don't know, but I encourage people to check.

Emmanuel Aglubat

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I know this might be resurrecting an old thread, but I think I may have fixed it. It turns out the problem is on Facebook's end, not the phone's end.

Solution: You will have to edit the permission you have to certain apps. I have found that if I take out most of skype (I took out the other unnecessary apps for safe measure) and voila, I can send and receive messages via facebook on both wifi and 4G. I hope this helps!

majoko

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Could you please be more clear in the steps you did?
These are the only apps i have on fb:

Capture.JPG

I know this might be resurrecting an old thread, but I think I may have fixed it. It turns out the problem is on Facebook's end, not the phone's end.

Solution: You will have to edit the permission you have to certain apps. I have found that if I take out most of skype (I took out the other unnecessary apps for safe measure) and voila, I can send and receive messages via facebook on both wifi and 4G. I hope this helps!

Emmanuel Aglubat

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
1) I clicked on account settings (on facebook).
2) I clicked on app settings
3) I had over 3 skype apps linked to my facebook account and I disabled those (as well as all the other apps and quizes I did five years ago)
4) On my phone, I uninstalled skype and facebook beta.
5) I downloaded the official facebook and skype again.
6) Tested using friend's account. I messaged myself 7 messages in quick succession. got all of them.
7) I am enjoying working facebook messaging :)

Judging from my experience, it might have to do with both skype and facebook, not on the WP end.

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but do you still receive messages from that contact after replying from the phone? Because this is one of the problems. I receive fine everything, but as soon as I reply, it's game over. And one other thing, did anybody noticed that when you read the message on the phone is not marked by fb "seen at ....." on the other end? I have a feeling that this is the problem that affects fb chat, wp does not "inform" facebook about the delivery of the message. Just an idea.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster