View Poll Results: Which problem are you having with facebook chat on windows phone?
- 185. You may not vote on this poll
- 01-14-2013, 03:21 PM #1
This is involving the problem of Facebook Chat on the windows phone not connecting or not showing contacts without an error code or sometimes with an error code. I have scoured the web for a solution to this and even these forums without a single viable solution in sight(even those looking for the solution were frustrated with the lack of a soolution). I have done some testing using multiple chats clients on the PC (Skype, Windows Messenger chat on windows 7 and 8, windows messenger on internet explorer, chrome, and firefox) and Windows phone 8 and 7 (using the Messaging app and IM+) and to this I have come up with only one conclusion: That the problem is purely on Facebook's end. The multiple threads in this very forum on problems with connecting to facebook chat have offered no solution. The fact that this hasn't been addressed bothers me and I really want to see if i can get some concerted effort by anyone including this sites Admins to solve this. Facebook chat API is not playing friendly with some of us windows phone users and there are NO SOLUTIONS out there. Now this has become about solving a problem than facebook chat (OCD).
if you need proof, here are plenty of links to confirm what I am saying about having no solutions:
Facebook chat doesn't work with Messaging
Integrated Facebook Chat problems.
Terrible Facebook Chat connection?
Facebook chat won't work for me at all
facebook chat wont work
Messaging "can't connect to chat"
Mango Facebook chat
Facebook chat issues?
Facebook / Windows Live Chat Issues?
My Facebook/MSN chat does not remain connected
And there are more... THESE ARE ALL IN THIS FORUM WITHOUT A SOLUTION!!!
- 01-14-2013, 05:22 PM #3
Oooo, I have a conspiracy theory! Tomorrow is Facebooks big mystery announcement and it is going to be they are moving their chat infrastructure to Skype stuff isn't working today because they are getting ready for that! :)
- 01-14-2013, 06:26 PM #6
Mine has been off and on. It's usually ok but from time to time I get a weird "Can't Connect, Try again later" error. Also noticed if I get a msg on my desktop's browser, sometimes it doesn't show up on my phone and I have gaps in my conversations. Again, not all the time but it's there.
- 01-15-2013, 01:58 PM #11
Only thing that pisses me off is Facebook doesn't recognize it as Online on Mobile and it just shows you creeping Facebook on like on your PC 24/7
Also can't turn off Hotmail Messenger and only have facebook on.
Also the facebook app doesn't send you push message alerts so the Facebook messenger on WP8 blows.
- 01-15-2013, 02:22 PM #13
i have facebook connected through my account settings in my lumia 920. have facebook attached to my windows.live account. have chat set to available in my lumia 920. in messaging options have "use facebook chat" set to on. i dont have any problems with getting facebook messages. but i'm not getting anything from twitter under the whats new section in the people hub. for the past couple days it's just telling me "no news to share right now" even though i have everything set up just like for facebook.
- 01-23-2013, 08:42 AM #18
Contacts are perfectly fine. However the Chat is useless, chat turned on, online status as available. But messages rarely ever come in. Not only that but often they don't seem to send either. I've sent a message and checked on the PC seconds later yet nothing shows up.
- 01-23-2013, 08:54 AM #20
I've had issues with the random on/off nature of FB messages, but having done the following everything seems to be working just fine - at least for now!
1. On your phone, delete the Facebook account in Settings > Email & Accounts
2. On Facebook, go to Apps Centre > Your Apps and delete the Microsoft app
3. Go back to your phone and re-add your FB account to Email & Accounts. After you provide your details, you should see a screen asking for approval to install the Microsoft app. Approve it.
4. Back to FB, check that Microsoft has re-appeared in Your Apps. Check it's settings, towards the bottom there is a setting for notifications but unless you've changed this it should be on.
Assuming that your phone settings are correct (FB Chat turned on in Message settings), you should find that new FB messages now find their way to your phone.
If this doesn't work for you, repeat the process but in step 2, delete the Microsoft app *and* the Windows Phone app.
Having done this, I've now had nearly a week of pretty much instant FB chat delivery to the messages app on my phone. Hopefully it's the same experience for you....
Last edited by markfive; 01-23-2013 at 09:18 AM.
- 01-23-2013, 04:03 PM #21
- 01-23-2013, 05:58 PM #23
- There does not appear to be a toast or tile count for messages within the FB app, despite there being a tick box in the app for it.
- There are no notifications for close friends activity on their own walls. So notifications are limited to activity related to your wall posts or your posts/comments elsewhere.
- By greenwoodma in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 09-11-2012, 09:24 AM
- By rodrigoyoshida in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 06-19-2012, 03:25 PM
- By aubreyq in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 12-07-2011, 12:56 PM
- By jdevenberg in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 11-07-2011, 09:35 PM
- By agallowa in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 08-04-2011, 03:57 PM