Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    I just did a quick search here and couldn't find a post about this. Is there a way to send my own personal information via contact card?

I know the workaround to there not being a default feature for this would be to make an entry for myself in my contacts but I was wondering if there was a native way to do this?
  2.    #2  
    No one knows? No "my contact card" anywhere?

Don't know - I always make a contacts entry for myself in any phone I get - easier to store all my various numbers and email addresses and whatnot.
    Thanked by:
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I suppose that is the way to go here. I believe my old bold 9000 used to have a 'my contact card' feature but I may be wrong. I hope we get that feature in a future update.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Create contact for yourself

Go to contact, click share, choose sharing method

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Or even better, create a QR Code with your contact details.
  7.    #7  
    QR code isn't better. The share options on contacts is much more useful.

Has anyone successfully sent a contact card via text or NFC to android devices?

It is ridiculous that there is No self conract card when there is a "me-hub". The iPhone has a sekf cintact card

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts
    What are the benefits of a "self contact" vs. creating a new entry in contacts that has your information? Does it work differently in some way?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Kez View Post
    What are the benefits of a "self contact" vs. creating a new entry in contacts that has your information? Does it work differently in some way?
    No different. But creating your own kinda like a way around instead of having a nice to have feature. But these kind of tiny things are really hard to keep track in software development.

Global Posts
    568 Global Posts
    Is all of your own contact info auto-generated on iOS/ Android as part of the setup process? If so, that would definitely be a nice "feature".

Perhaps when you format and name the device you could link your MS account then have a prompt to confirm info it already has about you and/or fill in missing pieces.