Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Hi,

I have a Nokia 822 Verizon Windows 8 phone. Every few minutes my phone makes a "tink tink tink" sound (sort of like the old Windows help guy tapping on the computer monitor glass to remind me to do something). Any idea as to what this sound means (maybe battery low, received email, etc.)? I just can't figure out what my phone is trying to tell me.

Thanks,
    yeto

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    its your NFC chip in the phone coming in contact with an NFC tag... I guess you put your phone in your pocket together with your wallet? Credit/debit cards or even some ID cards have RFID and interact with your NFC chip in the phone. Switch off NFC (tap+send) if you don't use it or put your phone away from your wallet or cards.
    Last edited by klcow; 01-22-2013 at 02:13 PM.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I wondered what that sound was myself, Glad to know it is easily fixed. Thanks

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klcow View Post
    its your NFC chip in the phone coming in contact with an NFC tag... I guess you put your phone in your pocket together with your wallet? Credit/debit cards or even some ID cards have RFID and interact with your NFC chip in the phone. Switch off NFC (under tap+send) if you don't use it or put your phone away from your wallet or cards.
    Thank you for taking the time to reply. I would have never figured that out.

Thanks,
    yeto

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Can you explain where I can find "(under tap+send)"?

Thanks,
    yeto

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    under settings :D

So is the sound the only behavior I can get for a RFID tag or can I get some other behaviour on the phone.
    Or does it have to be a NFC-tag to be able to get some information from the tag?