Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Yeah, very few of those are major apps and at least one of the few major apps on that list still lacks important features of its iOS and Android version (Evernote).

In other app news, yesterday Pulse announces a major update that got a lot of press... for Android and iOS. This is the story over and over again, major apps just aren't coming to WP8.

I think people will complain until Instagram is here, that's all there is to say
    eric12341 likes this.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    ... and WatchESPN and HBOGo and Starbucks and and and and...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    I think people will complain until Instagram is here, that's all there is to say
    Quote Originally Posted by jhguth View Post
    ... and WatchESPN and HBOGo and Starbucks and and and and...
    People will always complain period. There is no way to stop people complaining. It will always happen.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blake View Post
    Read through some of that then tell me we have zero good news.
    I never said there wasn't good news, and I did say it's good to see the app count increase. All I'm saying is that a rising app count is not cause for excitement or celebration. Getting top-name apps with large user bases which people are asking for without major bugs and disappointments (I'm looking at you, WhatsApp), now that's a cause for excitement and celebration.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Wasn't that long ago that the android app situation was considered a big disadvantage compared to iOS. Now those two ecosystems are close and it didn't take long for android to close the gap. In my mind the heavy lifting with making apps is getting the design and function right. Then porting that to another platform is considerably less work. Not trivializing it, but I think we saw evidence of that by how fast great apps were ported to android once it gained a big enough user base. We are just at the beginning of that with WP. Things should really start to snowball for us this year like it did for android about 18 months ago. At least that's my hope.

With players like blackberry and ms trying to make things easier to port from windows, ios, and android, hopefully what will result in developers being more platform agnostic as they get good at porting their designs.
    eric12341 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfeno1 View Post
    Dominoes pizza app
    have pizzahut, it's much better :P
    Pizza Hut | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Quote Originally Posted by jhguth View Post
    I'm still unable to view or edit a PDF which is a basic phone function
    what do u mean you can't view pdf...? i can view it in WP7, why would WP8 be different?

now... with all these cussing and spitting all over the marketplace, please be reminded some of the things that is starting to move over... such as Draw Something and Words With Friends, which were among to top complaints last year, Mirror's Edge is Nokia exclusive so far, but hopefully that will change, and Pandora said they are coming

i mean seriously, there has been alot of good things that has happened and in the process of happening, WP8 is out for what, 2 month may be? the SDK is only out for 3 month iirc... give it time, it's not like we've been able to use the new SDK for two years already

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I open pdfs on my phone all the time. As far as editing them goes... Who is able to edit on any mobile? That's hard enough to get done on a PC!

Though I will agree that viewing pdfs is clunkier than it should be, especially given how great mobile office is. If MS really wants to say they are the OS to get work done then they need better mobile PDF support.

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanb131 View Post
    I open pdfs on my phone all the time. As far as editing them goes... Who is able to edit on any mobile? That's hard enough to get done on a PC!

Though I will agree that viewing pdfs is clunkier than it should be, especially given how great mobile office is. If MS really wants to say they are the OS to get work done then they need better mobile PDF support.
    exactly, download PDF reader and you will be fine

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    You do realize that that infographic shows the exact opposite of what you want to show, right? Windows Phone lacks big titles, and the vast majority of devs only support 2 OSes.

I shouldn't worry too much about instagram, according to a report I read today, they have lost 50% of their users in the last month so perhaps not such a big deal

Quote Originally Posted by asinrutee View Post
    I shouldn't worry too much about instagram, according to a report I read today, they have lost 50% of their users in the last month
    Because its just a Fad. There really is nothing special about Instagram.

Global Posts
    2,431 Global Posts
    The newest version says it does support in app flight booking. I havent downloadedas I use a discount buying club for travel andother items.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Man, my patented WP 7.8 troll-o-meter is reading very high levels........
    Napocensis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    Are you saying that my photo of a pastrami sandwich with the Walden filter applied to it isn't special? How dare you, sir... how dare you.
    Thanked by:
    ohgood 
    wpoblation, Osama204 and ryker002 like this.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    Are you saying that my photo of a pastrami sandwich with the Walden filter applied to it isn't special? How dare you, sir... how dare you.
    Well said sir... well said...

Speaking of apps, most won't come to us until the marketshare has increased. As of now its had a 50% + increase, a jump from 1.2% to 2% and although its not much its something. I know for sure that waze isn't going to be creating an app until the marketshare is higher.

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by asinrutee
    I shouldn't worry too much about instagram, according to a report I read today, they have lost 50% of their users in the last month
    Spoken like a pair who can't see the forest for the trees.
    tk-093, tekhna and ryker002 like this.

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    Here is the article the dude is talking about.
    Instagram usage down by 50%, says report - Tech News - Digital Spy
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    884 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cameradork View Post
    Hilarious ! More than a few people have realized that ig is already downturning in popularity. Let's hope really good camera apps (not social media crap) will result.

Seriously though, stuff like photosynth could be a real pull for this platform. Silverlight is an annoyance that can be overcome, ps is awesome.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    Funny he didn't mention the part about subscribers climbing back up to 15.88 million, or that the numbers were counted inaccurately. Huh.

Global Posts
    1,656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
    Let's hope really good camera apps (not social media crap) will result.
    Again, missing the forest for the trees. It's the social media "crap" which brings people to Instagram. Photo filtering apps are a dime a dozen, it's the community which makes Instagram.

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    You do realize that the AppStats/AppData methodology has been pretty brutally discredited, right?

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Funny he didn't mention the part about subscribers climbing back up to 15.88 million, or that the numbers were counted inaccurately. Huh.
    The way I read the article, it was at 17 million.. dropped to 5 million in December.. back up to 15 million and now has dropped to 7 million. No idea if it is correct or not, it's 3rd party reporting. Seems like their reporting method might be off.. No way a social network moves up and down like that so rapidly. No way.
    Napocensis likes this.

Global Posts
    1,762 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    You do realize that the AppStats/AppData methodology has been pretty brutally discredited, right?
    Sure, it was some other dude that posted the 50% thing.. I just found the article he was talking about.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast