Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Instagram is a big miss for some but to be honest im sort of glad its not on wp8 as im sick of seeing poorly edited photos using the depth of field plugin. Perhaps MS should look to adobe or Flickr to create an instagram alternative style app. Massive communities on Flickr to be tapped into.
    vlad0 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyk79 View Post
    Instagram is a big miss for some but to be honest im sort of glad its not on wp8 as im sick of seeing poorly edited photos using the depth of field plugin. Perhaps MS should look to adobe or Flickr to create an instagram alternative style app. Massive communities on Flickr to be tapped into.
    Yeah, god, I hate pictures of girls' cleavage showing up on my phone all the time. SMDH.
    tk-093 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tekhna View Post
    Yeah, god, I hate pictures of girls' cleavage showing up on my phone all the time. SMDH.
    There is cleavage on Instagram? I think I might have to sign up! :)

Better get instagram installed on my iPad. Cleavage it is.

wheres speedtest? can't find it
    Just was writing a review about the speed test app. Its a great quality app for the wp8, the interface and the live tile and the performance. If ms kept pushing such apps this will great push to the quality of the market. There is no use of having 120,000 apps if most of them are useless.

Great app, love it so much.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,269 Global Posts
    - Xbox Account: SocialDanny123 Twitter: @SuDanny123

Lived in LA USA now moved to Auckland New Zealand :-)

Other devices:
    Nexus 5
    IPhone 5C
    Blackberry Z10

[IMG][/IMG]

Someone mentioned it as a joke, but I wonder how much of the Instagram 'community' really just uses it as a means to check out self-mirror pics of teenage girls.

Global Posts
    843 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Again, missing the forest for the trees. It's the social media "crap" which brings people to Instagram. Photo filtering apps are a dime a dozen, it's the community which makes Instagram.
    I know, I know (sigh) folks won't buy anything without a stupid facebook logo on it, unfortunately. Guess its a neccesary evil.
    awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Everyone gets hung up on not having Instagram, but that is just one app of a very large problem.

Most developers didn't get their hands on the SDK until launch time (which was a mistake), but we should be seeing popular apps moving to WP8 by now. All of the new apps being announced, none of them are announced for WP8.

I would believe that we are gaining traction if new major app announcements include WP8, but that's not happening. When WatchESPN, HBOGo, Showtime App, etc... comes to WP8, then we will be "gaining traction". Some crappy speed test or priceline port is not gaining traction.

Take a look at the wpcentral app reviews, very few of those are major apps and at least one of the few major apps on that list still lacks important features of its iOS and Android version (Evernote).

In other app news, yesterday Pulse announces a major update that got a lot of press... for Android and iOS. This is the story over and over again, major apps just aren't coming to WP8.

(not to mention its January and we still don't have a PDF viewer worth anything and no PDF editors or markup apps)
    Last edited by jhguth; 01-15-2013 at 04:59 PM. Reason: This post was merged into this thread, I posted it in another thread
  11. tgp

Global Posts
    2,562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanb131 View Post
    Wasn't that long ago that the android app situation was considered a big disadvantage compared to iOS. Now those two ecosystems are close and it didn't take long for android to close the gap.
    That's true, but in that time Android also rose to 75% of the market share. I don't see WP going up so far so fast, and I doubt whether even the most passionate fans see that happening either. Most of us would be happy with a 10% market share in a year or two.

Global Posts
    559 Global Posts
    You guys argue about anything.

For the past 2 years you've been arguing about the exact same thing.

WP9 will come and the cycle will continue. Shameful.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Were? What happened?
    cameradork likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FinancialP View Post
    You guys argue about anything.

For the past 2 years you've been arguing about the exact same thing.

WP9 will come and the cycle will continue. Shameful.
    But, but... it's a forum! You haven't figured out the purpose of these yet? Here, I'll save you some stress and confusion: People may come to a forum for a variety of noble reasons (seek help, post photos, help others, etc.), but they stay for the arguments. Forums give the user the opportunity to construct long-winded, well thought-out and brilliant attacks and defenses largely rooted in speculation, all pertaining to a common interest. Other people will then read these and respond in kind, giving all parties a fun way to pass time and an outlet to release frustration without doing anything that will land them in jail.

So really, there's no shame in this - it's actually pretty cathartic.

Between Nokia's CreativeStudio and PhotoFunia I find no need for Instagram especially PhotoFunia.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    So where is iheartradio, Hulu, whatchESPN, Pandora, HBO Go, SiriusXM, TimeWarner cable, etc. WP8 is not gaining any traction at all.
    Thanked by:
    jhguth 
    jhguth likes this.

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eortizr View Post
    So where is iheartradio, Hulu, whatchESPN, Pandora, HBO Go, SiriusXM, TimeWarner cable, etc. WP8 is not gaining any traction at all.
    word. Speed test.net comes out and they freak out

I have never used any of those or need them other than Pandora, and there's Metro Radio and an actual Pandora coming. Different needs for different people.

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mthorn82 View Post
    Between Nokia's CreativeStudio and PhotoFunia I find no need for Instagram especially PhotoFunia.
    That makes no sense. That's like saying "Betweeen Nokia's CreativeStudio and PhotoFunia I find no need for Facebook."
    LeLee092 likes this.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    I have never used any of those or need them other than Pandora, and there's Metro Radio and an actual Pandora coming. Different needs for different people.
    His point wasn't about needs, its pointing out examples of very popular non-instagram apps that are not available on WP8. I get by without those things too, using an old, dated OS wasn't worth it to me to have them, but they are still popular apps that a lot of people want that are not available on WP8.

We will actually be gaining traction when new popular apps are announced on WP8 alongside iOS and Android,
    iamtim and aggie like this.

Global Posts
    1,607 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhguth View Post
    We will actually be gaining traction when new popular apps are announced on WP8 alongside iOS and Android,
    Yes. This.

iHeartRadio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

might not official, i can't tell, but it sure looks legit

the problem is that, getting traction = things are starting to roll out, not we have everything already... =.= why don't u people understand that, im not trying to say all your needs are met *boom* be happy, we're making the statement that things are looking up and the future is looking good for app store

look, as you people say SpeedTest.net is irrelevant to you it matters to me, just like the apps you listed matters to you they don't matter to me, but you don't see me go out of my way to bash you for needing those do you?

Pandora Goes Ad-free For Windows Phone 8 - hypebot

here, Pandora is coming, I don't know about the other guys, but if we go down the route of because I don't need it I'll spit on it, I can totally scuff at Hulu as well, can't see that in Canada... (as the other guy mentioned, in the mean time use Metro Radio until Pandora actually comes out, oh and for Hulu I guess you could try Crackle for now)

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Maybe old news but...
    "Hi! We are actually working on apps for both Symbian and Windows phones :) " - Scoopshot
    News photo crowdsourcing, news videos, photo competitions

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts
    I've emailed "Spheros" and they're currently working on an official app to interact with their gadget (I know, not as big name, but I'm still pumped about it). I've also emailed Steam to see if they have any WP8 plans, but have yet to hear anything back.

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataku4ca View Post
    iHeartRadio | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

might not official, i can't tell, but it sure looks legit
    Published by Clear Channel. That would definitely be an official app.
    Thanked by:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast