Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Do you guys think that the device makers will ever make a high end model with a smaller form factor or are we well past that point now?

They all seem to be getting into this large screen race, just like the cameras all raising the MB pixels rate.

That's why I got an 820, I didn't want a gigantor phone.

No. In fact, many people like smaller screen sizes, like myself. I'm just waiting on a cheap, prepaid WP8 phone to switch (Looking at you, Huawei W1!).

I got the HTC 8S cause the screen-size is perfect, I dont like bigger than 4 so you are not alone :-) But then I had to stay without some high-end features...I also wish the 8X was in 4

me too, I liked the size of my arrive. but then again i'm one of those weirdoes that likes a physical keyboard.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I agree with all this. I bought the 820 since it's the smallest at the moment but it's still too big. I'd really like a 4". I've actually gone back to my BB 9800 for now and haven't carried the 820 in over a week. May just give it to one of my kids.

Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    I want a 4" high end phone, and I know a lot of other people do, too, but it seems the manufacturers don't want to give us that option.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    If you go to small you wont be able to see anything. ;)
    aubreyq likes this.

Small phone (well, ~4") with a great screen, build quality, and L920-esque camera and I'm all set.
    Alex Kj likes this.

I'm with you. Screen sizes are getting completely ridiculous.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    I remember when it was a race to be the smallest. Anyone remember the Motorola Vader phone?

I actually remember the Pantech C300 as the smallest phone that came out.
    I actually love 3.8inch! My Trophy screen was perfect! (if only resolution was double)
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Get the Lumia 620. 3.8 inch screen size, front and rear cameras, WP8. $299 unlocked.

Do it! Do it now!
    aubreyq likes this.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Go big or go home!!

Global Posts
    1,742 Global Posts
    tinyphone.jpg
    I always think of the SNL skit with Will Ferrell holding that little tiny phone.
    aubreyq likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    HP Veer is one of the smallest smartphones.

I went to a concert the other night and two of the guys at the table had them big ridiculous Galaxy Note's or whatever they are. I didn't get it. Such a clumsy device, plus the Zillow app kept failing to render the map over and over while my friend was trying to show me some house he was looking at. I totally pulled a smoked by windows phone on him.

IMO, but there's a sweet spot for phones, it should be just wide enough to fit between your thumb and knuckles with a grip in one hand, or top of both palms in speed texting mode (dual thumbs). That's why I didn't like the 8X, it was too skinny, kept feeling like I was gonna drop it, or it was gonna shoot out of my hand.
    aubreyq and Nataku4ca like this.

I would gladly settle for something similar to Lumia 920 (with same camera and display pixel density) but with a 4" or so display... Not sure where all this nonsense with huge displays came from but I definitely dislike it :-/

Global Posts
    589 Global Posts
    Everybody will want something different. I have big hands. I can type away without issues and navigate with one hand on my 920. A 4.5"-5" is perfect for me. But my phone looks ridiculously big and cumbersome in my wife's hands. Her ideal is 3.5" iPhone. Works great for her. I don't mind the larger size as it is comfortable to work with and works for me. Now I have looked at the "Note I and II and even considered them for a split second. They are ridiculously large and I wouldn't be caught dead with one of things up to my ear. Samsung Galaxy SIII and Ativ S are as big as a phone should ever get.

But with a 3.8" screen 920-style device the battery would actually last an entire day's usage. There's probably even a market for 2.5" display.

Whatever size, just make sure no massive bezel and the Windows Phone buttons are side-activated (better looking front, one-handed use). Oh and removable battery for the love of god.......

I would love a 620 sized phone with 920 hardware. Even my 820 feels a bit big.
    aubreyq and Gergolos like this.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    4.3 is a little bit bigger than 4 but I'm thankful HTC at least only went that large and didn't pursue the size Nokia did with the 920. I like my phone to be pocketable, would certainly love a powerful 4in model if it existed.
    aubreyq likes this.

For a small phone the lumia 620 looks decent

Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    All I really want is someone to put WP8 into the ZuneHD body. Man that was a nice little piece of hardware.
    aubreyq and berty6294 like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast