Now lets talk functionality. Nokia Maps. My Ideas.

yosemitescuba

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I own a lumia 822 and have downloaded the entire US to my phone. i like nokia maps even though there is room for improvement. My first idea and hope would be for nokia maps to integrate fully with geocaching.com or other websites to make geocaching on nokia maps fun and easy. i want the ability to download geocaches to my phone for "x" amount of miles around a certain location so that i can pinpoint on the nokia map (physically press my finger on a point on the downloaded map on my phone), my current location, or a certain zipcode. Or find current caches and touch those caches to download them to my phone so i can download only the ones i want to find and have the cache information on my phone without a data connection. there is the ability to do this with many handheld gps devices. i would love this with my lumia 822. My next idea isn't so grand but is essential for using gps for hikers. i want to be able to mark waypoints and name them on my phone. i don't see this on the maps on my lumia and i'm confused by this lack of functionality. My next idea is to integrate with the site trails.com and be able to download all trail information to my map and use it without a data connection. i bring my phone everywhere so why not make the maps useful for people who go off the grid to have fun. yes this takes battery life that's why i bought an extra battery for my lumia 822 and i carry a goal zero portable solar panel to charge my cellphone while going off the grid. Let me know what you people think and what you would like to see on your maps.

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The ability to import custom POIs and custom routes should've been implemented long time ago... My 3-year-old Garmin unit has these (for example I can import Geocaching or red light/speed camera POIs from different websites), not sure why it takes Nokia so much time to implement them. Also, better traffic data would be a welcome improvement, so is more up-to-date POI database for local buzinesses (which is pretty awful right now).

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
what nokia needs to do first is actually let us see the map and the directions list at the same time like bing maps. Sometimes i want to see what the next street turn is and watch it on the map, i can't with nokia maps which is why i use bing maps mostly.

Right now, if i choose to look at the directions list, it pops up over the map, go to map, the list drops back down and cant see. I should be able to at least see the next turn while watching it on my map.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2