touch.facebook.com

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been using the touch.facebook.com on my Lumia 920, and have to say it is the best facebook UI and performance than any other app or even the people hub. When I tried the touch.facebook.com on my Titan 2 last night for giggles, it was worthless. I am not sure of the changes with IE, but it works wonderful on my Lumia 920.

The only issue is: some pics are cut off and there is no way to view the pic.

I have the HTML5 app for facebook (touch.facebook.com) I have it pinned to my home screen. I just wish it had a live title instead of a copy of the webpage when I first pinned it.

What facebook app are you using?

The Microsoft Facebook,
HTML5 Facebook app within IE, (touch.facebook.com)
People Hub
or another Facebook app.

fusioncept

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
A combination of the People Hub and the FB App is sufficient for me. I'd maybe like a bit more functionality on the FB App, but most of the time if I going to do larger things on FB, im on a laptop or desktop.

So those two things work for me.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The People Hub. There's only really group chat (only really have one going with 2 friends) that I dont have access to from the "usual stuff I do on Facebook" with the People-hub, but I'll manage :D

Red920

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Does nobody else use the full desktop site (facebook.com)?

The screen on my 920 is big enough. I can scroll around and zoom in to the central panel easily and quickly. There is a lot more options on the full site and everything just feels more familier, its almost like when I use my laptop.

I also have the touch site as a favourite, but I don't use it very often. Somtimes I also use the People Hub to scroll though whats new. The Microsoft App is also useful for notifications

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The significant difference, IMHO, between the FB app and the facebook browser (including mobile) sites is that the browser versions all apply FB's "guess whose posts I want to see" logic whereas the apps generally show everything. This might not be evident until your friend count gets high enough but it's a substantial difference once it does.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
The significant difference, IMHO, between the FB app and the facebook browser (including mobile) sites is that the browser versions all apply FB's "guess whose posts I want to see" logic whereas the apps generally show everything. This might not be evident until your friend count gets high enough but it's a substantial difference once it does.

This. The People Hub and Facebook app is pretty worthless to me. It fills my feed with crap that I have hidden. Crap that stays hidden on touch.facebook.com and the iOS and Android apps. I don't get it and it drives me nuts. Maybe third party apps are (like the People hub and WP8 Facebook app) are not allowed that api or whatever it takes to view that filtered feed?

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
This. The People Hub and Facebook app is pretty worthless to me. It fills my feed with crap that I have hidden. Crap that stays hidden on touch.facebook.com and the iOS and Android apps. I don't get it and it drives me nuts. Maybe third party apps are (like the People hub and WP8 Facebook app) are not allowed that api or whatever it takes to view that filtered feed?
It is a 3rd party app issue and existed on the webOS Touchpad Facebook appp as well that was developed by HP. Some people don't show up depending on FB privacy settings for 3rd party apps, hidden feeds come through, etc.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I mainly use the People hub, but wind up using the vanilla MS Facebook app when I can't like something on the P-Hub (don't know why it lets you some times and doesn't at other times) or want to hit a facebook page of a "liked" company cause the People hub doesn't show liked organisations in your contacts list :'(

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I get all sorts of "So-and-so earned YYY playing ZZZZZ game" on mine. Wife has since WP7 and still for both of us now on WP8.

ah yes it still appears in the news feed but that's not what I meant. You know when someone sends you a request for that game and you get a notification for it? That gets filtered.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3