Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rich Edmonds

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    In the past few days I noticed my 920's battery draining extremely fast, I mean like all of a sudden it started dropping a percentage every few minutes. Before with my usage I would get a good two days without charging but now sometimes I can't go half a day. It doesn't happen everyday and seems like it just kicks into overdrive and starts draining "randomly" as we'll as getting hot. I don't have many apps either so I can't figure it out.

Any advice?
    What apps are you running? Try restrict use to just certain apps or close one background task at a time and see how battery life copes afterwards. I found Baconit to be a serious drain on battery, for example. If you're running Skype, many consumers have experienced issues with the app ripping batteries apart.

Richard Edmonds
    UK Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Newsroom UK Shift Manager - Mobile Nations

Email: rich@mobilenations.com
    Twitter: @RichEdmonds
    Socl: RichEdmonds
    Vikram662 likes this.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Edmonds View Post
    What apps are you running? Try restrict use to just certain apps or close one background task at a time and see how battery life copes afterwards. I found Baconit to be a serious drain on battery, for example. If you're running Skype, many consumers have experienced issues with the app ripping batteries apart.
    I think it may have been Baconit so I uninstalled it. I don't have many apps but that was the newest of the bunch so I'll see how it goes. I hope in the next update(s) MS gives more info on background tasks such as run time and maybe even battery usage.

Last week I also noticed that both Baconit and Locksider were set to update my lock screen which I didn't think was possible. I though when you pick one the previous one switches off but that wasn't the case.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've had one occassion where I left my phone for the night and when I woke up it was completely drained, wouldn't even turn on. Probably had ~70% battery when I left it. Not sure if something actually drained it that much or it was just displaying wrong battery percentage.