GPS Location is wrong

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I live near Detroit MI. My Lumia 920 has keeps showing me in Kirkland WA. Espeically in Foursquare and my Radar. Anyone else experiencing this random action?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm where I'm supposed to be in Dallas. Hopefully it's just a glitch in your area and will be corrected soon.

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm where I'm supposed to be in Dallas. Hopefully it's just a glitch in your area and will be corrected soon.
It's very random, plus during the day I work right across the river from Windsor Ontario, Canada. Maybe that has something to do with it. Also my battery life drains a bit more than when i am home on the weekends.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Location could have something to do with that. Maybe one of the big brain cell people will see this and can pitch in.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It is an AT&T issue and should correct itself. I have had it show Kirkland, WP7 users had Akron, OH randomly. Apparently it is a location problem on AT&T's end that randomly pops up.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't help, but I've seen it happen in the past on Verizon phones. We are in Iowa and my buddies Droid used to place him in Russia every so often. You'd pull up Google Latitude and you'd be like WTF? One time it put me in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. I left some Google Buzz there. :) I wonder if it's still there.

The Sand

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
It is an AT&T issue and should correct itself. I have had it show Kirkland, WP7 users had Akron, OH randomly. Apparently it is a location problem on AT&T's end that randomly pops up.
Thanks for sharing this... I have been uninstalling weather apps etc. trying to figure out what the deal is. Hopefully they will fix it soon. Mine has said Kirkland all day and I am in Los Angeles. One odd part is maps will show Los Angeles, and then as you are looking at the map, zoom over to Kirkland - totally weird. The weather apps all think I am in Kirkland.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3