| | 01-16-2013, 01:08 PM #1
Stumbled across this today:
Windows Phone app for desktop (Preview 2) | Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone How-to | Windows Phone (United States)
MS has a Syncing application. It just does pictures, video and music, but it also tells you the battery status. Which means that there can be communication between the phone and desktop aside from the limited file system.
The Windows Phone app for Windows desktop makes it easy to:
• Sync music, photos, movies, TV shows, and podcasts from your existing Apple iTunes library or your Windows Libraries to your Windows Phone 8.*
• Automatically import pictures and videos you've taken with your phone to your PC.
• See at a glance how much space you're using for each type of content, so it's easy to make sure you never run out of room on your phone.
• Get your playlists on your phone.
• Find songs that will work as ringtones and add them to your phone.