- 01-16-2013, 07:12 PM #1
So I've been looking at the BlackBerry 10 and to be honest it looks quite enticing. However I think the WP8 live tiles implementation might be more efficient. Here's how you would look at your messages quickly on BB10: swipe up then right to get into the hub (or just hover) and then move your finger back the way it came. For the WP8 on the other hand: press Windows button, check your messages and all other notifications, press the back button. On the BB10 your finger moves quite a bit more whereas you just press buttons on the WP8.
Android and iOS are very tedious in comparison and for heavy users this small thing actually makes quite a difference. While BB10 and WP8 seem close in this area, I think WP8 might have it better. Not to mention the search button which would save you from first searching for your web browser icon, opening your web browser and then searching. WP8 has the search button at the ready all the time.
- 01-16-2013, 07:15 PM #2
I agree with that it seems the WP8 seems more simple to do an action then other OS and the live tile update saves going onto the app or for a quick read if your busyThe craziest member on WPCentral!
SONY Windows Phone 8.1 release sometime in June!
- 01-16-2013, 07:18 PM #3
^Well the BlackBerry Hub also lets you preview and avoid going into the app and all that. As I said they are very close but WP8 seems slightly more efficient. Whether that efficiency gain will be offset by BB10 being more stable and faster has to be seen.
- By moc426 in forum Developers CornerReplies: 1Last Post: 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM
- By fitchalcyone in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 4Last Post: 12-21-2012, 10:03 PM
- By Ruined in forum Samsung ATIV SReplies: 5Last Post: 11-25-2012, 09:32 AM
- By Coolaaron88 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-11-2011, 09:17 PM
- By drunkard in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 15Last Post: 07-30-2011, 01:35 AM