Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Does anyone know of it is possible witj WP8 to do a complete back up and restore on the phone which backs up the entire phone?

I know with WP7 it used the zune which made a complete copy when you were downloading and installing an update so if the update messed up things you could just back out the update and get evetything back and if you were forcex to have to do a harx reset you were able to get all your stuff back.

I am most likely going to be getting the update soon but might have to do a hard reset because some of my microsoft email accounts do not group all of my emails together by sender; it only groups some but not all and microsoft support thinks a hard reset might fix it. I am mainly concerned with losing all my current game saves again as i lost them all when uograding and have been grinding some of them back again and dont want to lose them.

Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    yup there is backup settings, but its not going to save your game saves unless that game specifically says you can save it to the cloud
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrshamoozoo View Post
    yup there is backup settings, but its not going to save your game saves unless that game specifically says you can save it to the cloud
    Albeit minor, it also doesn't restore the positions and sizes of your Home screen tiles.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by msdugn View Post
    Albeit minor, it also doesn't restore the positions and sizes of your Home screen tiles.
    thanks good to know. Seems microsoft seems to be going backwards since things like that were in WP7 and were great.

Hopefully they will change it im the future and also start releasing more xbox games which does not appear to be happening and recent rumors do not have me optimistic about them offering more not to mention they now porting some over to ios with achievements.