Auto-Resend SMS Text Messages

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I am puzzled why more people aren't complaining about a feature that has been missing since my first WP7, but has existed everywhere else since the first inception of mobile phone text messaging.

I'm talking about the irritating fact that you can't just send a text and expect it will be eventually sent. If it fails you have to notice the failure notification and 'sad face' icon and go back and manually resend it!? Why is there no background agent to do this for me, like in every other phone on the planet!?

I know a few people who have switched to WP who don't even realise this is happening. They don't understand why their texts haven't sent, and don't realise they need to manually take the manual corrective action themselves.

There is a suggestion box for this, but IMO it needs more votes:

Automatic Retry for Text Messages

Troyseph

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
This is annoying, but not all phones auto resend. The iPhone just gives you a red exclamation mark within the message window. You don't even get the luxury of a frown.

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
My very first Nokia has this functionality back in 1997, and subsequent Sony Erikson's also. Cant comment on the iPhone, which I've never owned - although it doesn't surprise me given it's a 'style over substance device'.

The thing is, the email agent works in this way. I can be on the underground, write an email, and it'll send when I have signal - very neat. But this is no so with a text, which is inconsistent. Especially as the phone knows whether it has a signal or not! I'd prefer this functionality than template SMS additions or whatever is coming in Portico.

Andrew Milne

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I am puzzled why more people aren't complaining about a feature that has been missing since my first WP7, but has existed everywhere else since the first inception of mobile phone text messaging.

I'm talking about the irritating fact that you can't just send a text and expect it will be eventually sent. If it fails you have to notice the failure notification and 'sad face' icon and go back and manually resend it!? Why is there no background agent to do this for me, like in every other phone on the planet!?

I know a few people who have switched to WP who don't even realise this is happening. They don't understand why their texts haven't sent, and don't realise they need to manually take the manual corrective action themselves.

There is a suggestion box for this, but IMO it needs more votes:

Automatic Retry for Text Messages

Thanks for the link, I've voted for it because this problem is fairly irritating. Im not sure it does try multiple times because my phone sometimes comes back with the sad face after a couple of seconds before I notice I have no network for that brief moment. Then it all comes back and I can send the message.

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, if it retried once network connection was detected as restored it wouldn't use up extra battery.

As i said, emails work like this, so why not texts!?

Godo Tan

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
hope they can make it work like android that has the option to auto resend when it failed... this is really irritating

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos