Can't automatically download apps from Windows Phone Store (Web)

evilrobot

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. Whenever I go to the Windows Phone store on the web (after clicking the links to download Where's My Water/Where's My Perry from the wpcentral article, for example) and click on 'Install' it takes me to a page that says it will download the app to my phone, and then I click on 'Get App'.

On my wife's phone (Lumia 920) it automatically starts downloading the app on her phone; however, on my phone (also a Lumia 920) I get a message saying that the app can't be downloaded to my phone and then it sends me an email with the link to the app. Then I have to open that email on the phone and click the link to go the store on the phone and download it from there manually. Any idea how I can fix that or why it does that?

strikexx

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue but that option is simply not there, vedichymn.

I only have one slider and that's the use of Find My Phone, which is on.

Is this a firmware specific issue? I'm not yet on portico

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
sorry to bump an old topic, but I haven't been able to download apps from windowsphone.com either without getting them sent in an email. I feel like this problem started ever since I started using the dev preview of 8.1. Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo