Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vedichymn

210 Posts
    I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. Whenever I go to the Windows Phone store on the web (after clicking the links to download Where's My Water/Where's My Perry from the wpcentral article, for example) and click on 'Install' it takes me to a page that says it will download the app to my phone, and then I click on 'Get App'.

On my wife's phone (Lumia 920) it automatically starts downloading the app on her phone; however, on my phone (also a Lumia 920) I get a message saying that the app can't be downloaded to my phone and then it sends me an email with the link to the app. Then I have to open that email on the phone and click the link to go the store on the phone and download it from there manually. Any idea how I can fix that or why it does that?

338 Posts
    Do you have the "Send apps to my phone using push notifications" box unchecked under settings -> find my phone?
    Thanked by:
    evilrobot likes this.

210 Posts
    Awesome! I didn't know that setting existed. :)

14 Posts
    I'm having the same issue but that option is simply not there, vedichymn.

I only have one slider and that's the use of Find My Phone, which is on.

Is this a firmware specific issue? I'm not yet on portico

210 Posts
    All I can add is that I am on portico, but since I didn't even know it existed before vedichymn helped me out I can't say if it was there before or not.

14 Posts
    Find My Phone shows as "Off" in the Settings Menu, but it appears to be On

This thread seems to be suggesting that pre-portico int'l phones don't yet have those 2 options. I'll try flashing Portico in a few days and report back

2 Posts
    find my phone > push to notification is checked even then its not downloading to phone .... am onl receving the mail

254 Posts
    sorry to bump an old topic, but I haven't been able to download apps from windowsphone.com either without getting them sent in an email. I feel like this problem started ever since I started using the dev preview of 8.1. Any suggestions?