Facebook contact won't disappear even after unfriending them

sarie13

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
So, a few years ago, my little brother was staying with my while my husband was deployed. He used his cell phone (with our permission) and he added my husband's cell phone number to his facebook page as his contact number. This has never been an issue until the other day when I got a WP8 for the first time. Immediately I noticed that if I texted my husband on my husband's contact, the phone would automatically change it to my brother's name. I figured I knew why and unfiltered Facebook contacts from my People hub. That didn't fix the issue. So I unfriended my brother on FB. Still having the same issue. Its frustrating to have every conversation with my husband show up under my brother's name and, as far as I can see, there should be no way my phone still knows that FB is connecting my brother's name with my husband's number. Any thoughts?

Bilal_Fakih

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried deleting the fb account on the phone and adding again after deleting your brother from friends?

Dude, go to settings>emails & accounts> click on facebook a long press, click on sync and there it will work

i had this issue and also notification issue, were it always said on my notification that i have 10, and everytime i check them they disappear but after a while they re appear. but when u sync again with FB it will work fine

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah really, if anything like that ever happens its just because the phone hasnt been given a chance to sync up to the services. Or have your brother take your husbands number off his page publicly.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Dude, go to settings>emails & accounts> click on facebook a long press, click on sync and there it will work

i had this issue and also notification issue, were it always said on my notification that i have 10, and everytime i check them they disappear but after a while they re appear. but when u sync again with FB it will work fine

or that.

msdugn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you have the option, don't forget about Backup Assistant Plus (Verizon). This will keep 'deleted' folks coming back until you either clobber the entire backup and run a fresh one or you filter your contacts to no longer include items from Backup Assistant.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Meaning that your suggestion was good; maybe easier to try than deleting the FB account and re-adding it like he suggested.

Another suggestion: reboot the phone. Pics in your camera roll will still pop-up on the home screen even after they are deleted, but if you reboot the phone they stop showing up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire