Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Bilal_Fakih

So, a few years ago, my little brother was staying with my while my husband was deployed. He used his cell phone (with our permission) and he added my husband's cell phone number to his facebook page as his contact number. This has never been an issue until the other day when I got a WP8 for the first time. Immediately I noticed that if I texted my husband on my husband's contact, the phone would automatically change it to my brother's name. I figured I knew why and unfiltered Facebook contacts from my People hub. That didn't fix the issue. So I unfriended my brother on FB. Still having the same issue. Its frustrating to have every conversation with my husband show up under my brother's name and, as far as I can see, there should be no way my phone still knows that FB is connecting my brother's name with my husband's number. Any thoughts?

Have you tried deleting the fb account on the phone and adding again after deleting your brother from friends?

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    delete them from your outlook contacts or whatever contacts you have synced on your computer

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgbstetson View Post
    Have you tried deleting the fb account on the phone and adding again after deleting your brother from friends?
    Dude, go to settings>emails & accounts> click on facebook a long press, click on sync and there it will work

i had this issue and also notification issue, were it always said on my notification that i have 10, and everytime i check them they disappear but after a while they re appear. but when u sync again with FB it will work fine
    Thanked by:
    ryker002 likes this.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Yeah really, if anything like that ever happens its just because the phone hasnt been given a chance to sync up to the services. Or have your brother take your husbands number off his page publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_Fakih View Post
    Dude, go to settings>emails & accounts> click on facebook a long press, click on sync and there it will work

i had this issue and also notification issue, were it always said on my notification that i have 10, and everytime i check them they disappear but after a while they re appear. but when u sync again with FB it will work fine
    or that.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    or that.
    Meaning?

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    ... you defriended your brother? Awesome.

Next tell him to change his profile info from your husband's cell to his own.

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    If you have the option, don't forget about Backup Assistant Plus (Verizon). This will keep 'deleted' folks coming back until you either clobber the entire backup and run a fresh one or you filter your contacts to no longer include items from Backup Assistant.

Meaning?
    Meaning that your suggestion was good; maybe easier to try than deleting the FB account and re-adding it like he suggested.

Another suggestion: reboot the phone. Pics in your camera roll will still pop-up on the home screen even after they are deleted, but if you reboot the phone they stop showing up.

Meaning?
    or you can do that. Easy killer, I'm only trying to help.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    or you can do that. Easy killer, I'm only trying to help.
    Yep got it :) thanx buddy i also didnt mean anything

Sarie13, were you able to resolve the issue?