Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 63
Like Tree34Likes
  1. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Microsoft isn't anyone's girlfriend that it has to keep promises.
    It's worse, Microsoft takes our money so they better deliver these promises. They said Skype will be integrated deeply in our phones. They did that initially and then took it away. Who's to say that doesn't call for a law suit? You advertise a feature, and then remove it 1 month after release?
    Thanked by:
    Hiiiiiiiii likes this.
  2. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    It's worse, Microsoft takes our money so they better deliver these promises. They said Skype will be integrated deeply in our phones. They did that initially and then took it away. Who's to say that doesn't call for a law suit? You advertise a feature, and then remove it 1 month after release?
    The reason there isn't any lawsuit against any of these companies probably means there isn't enough ground for one. They might be fined by advertising standards for fake advertising, but that's about it. Most of the times they do these things knowing they are untouchables. Plus, they don't say anything in writing anywhere. A keynote speech is always easy to defend saying, "I might have said/mis-read the slides in heat of the launch". If you find anything in writing where Microsoft or any other company promised something in writing and they did not deliver, you are sue them.

    But again remember, at the end of the day, by using any software, you are agreeing to licensing terms and most of them make you agree to the fact that you accept to agree the product as is and the company has no liability of any loss of features or your data when you use it.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

    Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    aubreyq likes this.
  3. LBLEIJE's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    76 Posts
    #28  
    Meet multinationals. Every single one of them are lying bastards.
  4. #29  
    It is always easy to be blindly supportive and loyal of something you support and not see the major faults. Microsoft will need to deliver on their promises. It really does make me think that once either my upgrade and or contract is up I could look at another OS. I don't speak for all but for many, if this isn't addressed then I know many will leave..

    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    aubreyq likes this.
  5. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubmu View Post
    It is always easy to be blindly supportive and loyal of something you support and not see the major faults. Microsoft will need to deliver on their promises. It really does make me think that once either my upgrade and or contract is up I could look at another OS. I don't speak for all but for many, if this isn't addressed then I know many will leave..

    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Many will leave, plenty will join. This is the story and each corporate giant is prepared for it. That's forecasted risk they calculated already ;)
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

    Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
  6. #31  
    Yes people leave and join but if Microsoft continues this way...am pretty sure many will leave and only few will join

    I am not a pessimist or anti-MS...just disappointed by the overall direction and development of Windows Phone platform...its slow and lacks the efforts to overcome its competitors
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq likes this.
  7. gapost's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    727 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,809 Global Posts
    #32  
    I've had a couple of Windows phones and am getting pretty impatient with MS and the apps. It really stinks when I have people on Android FB messaging me or responding to my FB posts and I have to manually check FB or look on my computer. WP is on some great devices and they have gotten a lot of publicity and users, but they better get some apps and fixes out quick. Their advertising money would be better spend paying the big developers to do some apps for MS and WP.
    Thanked by:
    Hiiiiiiiii likes this.
  8. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    The reason there isn't any lawsuit against any of these companies probably means there isn't enough ground for one. They might be fined by advertising standards for fake advertising, but that's about it. Most of the times they do these things knowing they are untouchables. Plus, they don't say anything in writing anywhere. A keynote speech is always easy to defend saying, "I might have said/mis-read the slides in heat of the launch". If you find anything in writing where Microsoft or any other company promised something in writing and they did not deliver, you are sue them.

    But again remember, at the end of the day, by using any software, you are agreeing to licensing terms and most of them make you agree to the fact that you accept to agree the product as is and the company has no liability of any loss of features or your data when you use it.
    It is in writing right here. You tell me, can I make a Skype call through a contact card?
    6ceksdv.jpg
  9. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    It is in writing right here. You tell me, can I make a Skype call through a contact card?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6cEKsdv.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	29417
    ....and now you have something to go by for your law suit.

    But I bet there is some sort of disclaimer for what is written on a webpage that protects them from facing a law suit!

    It's the exact same thing I've been going back and forth with their support regarding Xbox Music and Zune Music Pass. They won't give me any details where I can escalate this. They ended conversation by giving me a USA address where I can only write, no phone, no emails in this day and age. Also, they are only governed by US laws, so I can't do anything to them anyway.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

    Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
  10. Laura Knotek's Avatar

    Posts
    16,895 Posts
    Global Posts
    32,279 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    #35  
    The disclaimer is there for all platforms/sites.

    Here's the one from Microsoft.

    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/
    Here's the one from Apple.

    http://www.apple.com/iphone/features/
    Thanked by:
  11. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    712 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    Yes but Skype integration isn't available in any Windows Phone, in any region at the moment. Now if they say it's available in their labs somewhere in beta testing then I don't know about that
  12. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    #37  
    they need to start dishing out some money it will hardly hurt their business
  13. lipper2000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by chetan_merchant View Post
    I like my Lumia 920 and WP platform...but can't help being impatient
    MS has failed so far to deliver but hope they r trying hard...they have missed to strike initially but really hope they make a comeback
    People like the eye-catching design of both the hardware and the UI but nothing beyond that...even a 2 year old iPhone or Android device kills WP8 by the sheer plethora of apps they have
    I do understand that its gonna be slow for apps to be developed...then why the f**k didn't MS release SDK earlier for app developers to start working..
    Why come up with app developer challanges now why not earlier??
    Questions will be asked and the best way to answer them is by releasing some ******* apps in MWC...in MWC 2013 not 2014...just wanted to clarify for folks at MS if they have other ideas..
    It seems they were far behind in WP8 then their original schedule...although it looks the same on the front, the kernel changed...they basically started from scratch again
  14. lipper2000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by chetan_merchant View Post
    Yes people leave and join but if Microsoft continues this way...am pretty sure many will leave and only few will join

    I am not a pessimist or anti-MS...just disappointed by the overall direction and development of Windows Phone platform...its slow and lacks the efforts to overcome its competitors
    Until MS gain at least 15% of the marketshare globally, things will not change on the app side...companies will develop for others first and then maybe port over later...it's just the way it is.
    Most of the new killer apps are started by start-ups with 1 or 2 people...they don't have the money to be developing for every OS
  15. omniusovermind's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    #40  
    It could be worse... they could have told you you're getting them and then put them in as ported android apps running in a dodgy android emulator based on android 2.3 from 2011
  16. jdhooghe's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    527 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,202 Global Posts
    #41  
    I didn't pay $900 but I paid $450 while on a graduate student salary. I'm tired of the bad pdf support and the skype, both of which I do very much need :( I love my 920, I do...I'm just getting so frustrated. I do sincerely hope they do make me eat my words. I want this platform to succeed but it just seems so trivial when you know the design language, you have a software team yet we get this. It sucks because I am running out of options here. I don't want to go back to iOS, Blackberry 10 is worse off than windows phone and the only thing I have now is to take a risk in buying a nexus 4
  17. jrdatrackstar1223's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    685 Posts
    Global Posts
    997 Global Posts
    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdhooghe View Post
    I didn't pay $900 but I paid $450 while on a graduate student salary. I'm tired of the bad pdf support and the skype, both of which I do very much need :( I love my 920, I do...I'm just getting so frustrated. I do sincerely hope they do make me eat my words. I want this platform to succeed but it just seems so trivial when you know the design language, you have a software team yet we get this. It sucks because I am running out of options here. I don't want to go back to iOS, Blackberry 10 is worse off than windows phone and the only thing I have now is to take a risk in buying a nexus 4
    Just make the jump. I have a 4s now after having 2 820's and 1 920, and although I still have growing pains, you get used to not having Windows Phone after about a month or two. I'm actually considering a Nexus 4 as well, for the NFC payments and better hardware, but I hate Android so much that I've held off. I do check this blog everyday, but it still feels like Windows Phone 7.X all over again, with new hardware coming out every 4 or 5 months, hardly any software updates (which are direly needed), and broken promises.WP8 is still my favorite platform, but I've accepted that, at least to me, Microsoft just doesn't get it yet...
    Thanked by:
    aubreyq, awesomeplant and dgr_874 like this.
  18. aubreyq's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,245 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by chetan_merchant View Post
    I like my Lumia 920 and WP platform...but can't help being impatient
    MS has failed so far to deliver but hope they r trying hard...they have missed to strike initially but really hope they make a comeback
    People like the eye-catching design of both the hardware and the UI but nothing beyond that...even a 2 year old iPhone or Android device kills WP8 by the sheer plethora of apps they have
    I do understand that its gonna be slow for apps to be developed...then why the f**k didn't MS release SDK earlier for app developers to start working..
    Why come up with app developer challanges now why not earlier??
    Questions will be asked and the best way to answer them is by releasing some ******* apps in MWC...in MWC 2013 not 2014...just wanted to clarify for folks at MS if they have other ideas..
    Quote Originally Posted by chetan_merchant View Post
    Yes people leave and join but if Microsoft continues this way...am pretty sure many will leave and only few will join

    I am not a pessimist or anti-MS...just disappointed by the overall direction and development of Windows Phone platform...its slow and lacks the efforts to overcome its competitors
    You've summed up my own frustrations almost to a T. "Frustration" and "disappointment" are synonymous with "WP owner."

    Quote Originally Posted by jrdatrackstar1223 View Post
    Just make the jump. I have a 4s now after having 2 820's and 1 920, and although I still have growing pains, you get used to not having Windows Phone after about a month or two. I'm actually considering a Nexus 4 as well, for the NFC payments and better hardware, but I hate Android so much that I've held off. I do check this blog everyday, but it still feels like Windows Phone 7.X all over again, with new hardware coming out every 4 or 5 months, hardly any software updates (which are direly needed), and broken promises.WP8 is still my favorite platform, but I've accepted that, at least to me, Microsoft just doesn't get it yet...
    I jumped to iOS as well (iPhone 5). You're right about WP8 feeling like WP 7.X all over again. Two years with a WP7 was painful for me, especially never getting any post-Mango updates for my Samsung Focus. I was ready and excited about WP8's hardware - really wanted a yellow 920 - but the OS "improvements" were not very substantial IMO. Figured I send WP to the "penalty box" until the next revision of the OS is out there. At that moment I will reconsider. I'm sure there'll be new and exciting hardware as always when that time comes.
    Last edited by aubreyq; 02-25-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    dgr_874 likes this.
  19. edoug's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    106 Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    It could be worse... they could have told you you're getting them and then put them in as ported android apps running in a dodgy android emulator based on android 2.3 from 2011
    But the reasons in this thread are why NEITHER platform is gaining remarkably against IOS or Android. (I know wp8 is growing at 150% or whatever, but 150% of 10 is much less than 20% of 1000)
  20. Hiiiiiiiii's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    223 Posts
    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    It could be worse... they could have told you you're getting them and then put them in as ported android apps running in a dodgy android emulator based on android 2.3 from 2011
    They will get Jelly Bean emulator upgrade later this year and unlike msft, rim will actually deliver
  21. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    427 Posts
    Global Posts
    498 Global Posts
    #46  
    Microsoft is not delivering anything, they really don't seem interested at all. It almost seems like a kids school project to them. Their Skype app is crap, their facebook app is a major let down, their pdf app doesn't deliver and they don't seem to be doing anything at all to bring them to some sort of acceptable level. Seems like the third parties and Nokia are doing all the hard work.

    Simply put it we're worse than ants for Microsoft and I for sure will never be investing in Windows Phone again.

    They let us down with WP7, gave them a chance with WP8, never again. They need all the support they can get, they don't want to be letting down their loyal customers or new customers, but they're doing just that.
    Thanked by:
    Hiiiiiiiii likes this.
  22. SnailUK's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    969 Posts
    #47  
    I swear everytime i read a thread like this, it just reminds me of impatient screaming children.

    Why are you whinging on here about skype, facebook, instagram, etc. Annoy the companies themselves. Its all well and good Microsoft approaching a company and asking for an app, even offering money, but that doesn't really do much, as we've seen for the last 2+ years of Windows Phone.

    What people need to do is bug all these companies. Email their customer support once a day, once a week, whatever. If the companies customer support is constantly inundated with people begging for a WP app, they'll take things a lot more seriously than Microsoft saying it.
  23. inteller's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2,562 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiiiiiiiii View Post
    They will get Jelly Bean emulator upgrade later this year and unlike msft, rim will actually deliver
    yeah, deliver themselves to bankruptcy.
    aubreyq likes this.
  24. explosive0's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    312 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by SnailUK View Post
    I swear everytime i read a thread like this, it just reminds me of impatient screaming children.

    Why are you whinging on here about skype, facebook, instagram, etc. Annoy the companies themselves. Its all well and good Microsoft approaching a company and asking for an app, even offering money, but that doesn't really do much, as we've seen for the last 2+ years of Windows Phone.

    What people need to do is bug all these companies. Email their customer support once a day, once a week, whatever. If the companies customer support is constantly inundated with people begging for a WP app, they'll take things a lot more seriously than Microsoft saying it.
    Skype = Microsoft. No?
  25. omniusovermind's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by edoug View Post
    But the reasons in this thread are why NEITHER platform is gaining remarkably against IOS or Android. (I know wp8 is growing at 150% or whatever, but 150% of 10 is much less than 20% of 1000)
    mind if I borrow and modify that for all my Mobile Nations website sigs? I'm always skeptical when people use growth and "they're selling out" as discussion points. Then all I'll have to type is "hey looka my sig" lol
    aubreyq and jdhooghe like this.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. so what happened to the grey/gray lumia 920 ?
    By maycontainuts in forum Nokia Lumia 920
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 03:10 PM
  2. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 07:58 PM

Posting Permissions